TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Latest Firmware 17.24.30 (UK)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by nkightley, Jun 28, 2017.

1. nkightley

nkightley Member

Just got the latest update 17.24.30 this morning.
    Contains Autopark: Perpendicular Parking & Display Brightness.
    These were already there, but I'm guessing slightly improved?

• Informative x 2
  2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

As of now, two reports of this on ev-fw and both are AP2. Wonder if this is the 'fixed' 28 and we'll see full rollout for both AP1 and 2? Definitely need a release for everyone! Currently 28 was stalled at AP2 being about 10% of AP1 levels.

3. cuspie

cuspie Supporting Member

I got 17.24.28 a couple of days ago after visiting a SC. This morning, I've got 17.24.30 - same Release Notes as 17.24.28.

• Informative x 1
  4. Anner J. Bonilla

Wonder if verygreen can download the firmware to his CID and do a diff of all the file changes in it.
    That way we may have a better idea of what really change (for example the autopilot applications that are reading the cameras)
    new settings etc..

5. josher32

josher32 Member

Yup I got 28 last week at service center and was notified this morning of this update will install later today and update if i see improvements.

• Helpful x 1
  6. FlyingBear

FlyingBear New Member

The Raleigh SC (which, by the way, is truly excellent in my experience) staged .28 for me last Friday. 2017 AP2 P100D. They proactively adjusted the front camera pitch. And so I didn't get to try .28 before the front camera adjustment, and it took a couple of days to calibrate. I've found .28 to be pretty awful on surface streets, with quite sudden and violent steering, and what seems like excessive braking on turns. On mild hill crests, the car feels as it it want to veer into a mailbox, and I've had to defeat the auto steering three days in a row. I installed .30 this morning, and the drive to work was identically bad. Of course, I don't know if the cause is the camera adjustment, the .28/.30 updates, or both.

7. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

It seems like right now .30 is only rolling out to people who had a "silky smooth" series update. Not to people who didn't get the update at all in the first place (e.g. the majority of AP2).

Seems to fit a theory where they found some bug of performance deficiency in the update and are holding off on AP2 wide rollout until they can validate a fix.

If this is successful, I'd expect in a day or two the floodgates will start opening.

8. Snuffysasa

Snuffysasa Member

Ah that sounds very likely. Thank you for this assessment.

9. jlarmstr

jlarmstr Member

I think this has to do with fixing some software glitches that showed up in AP2 MX's. Several people complained after the update of getting air suspension failure warning message and telling them to visit a service center. I had the warning show up on mine just after the .28 update and called the SC and they told me it was a known glitch in 0.28.

10. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

ev-fw shows 17.24.30 rolling out to S and X and both AP1 and AP2 in similar quanities

11. rpm001

rpm001 Member

Just got 17.24.30 here after a visit to the SC for some work. Haven't had a chance to test it yet.

• Funny x 1
  12. azmodls

azmodls Member

TeslaFi shows about 50 17.24.30 updates, about 50/50 AP1/AP2, with a mix of X's and S's.

13. daktari

daktari Member

Had 17.24.28, made some tests with 17.24.30. Basically no improvment in my opinion.