Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Firmware 17.24.30 (UK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Raleigh SC (which, by the way, is truly excellent in my experience) staged .28 for me last Friday. 2017 AP2 P100D. They proactively adjusted the front camera pitch. And so I didn't get to try .28 before the front camera adjustment, and it took a couple of days to calibrate. I've found .28 to be pretty awful on surface streets, with quite sudden and violent steering, and what seems like excessive braking on turns. On mild hill crests, the car feels as it it want to veer into a mailbox, and I've had to defeat the auto steering three days in a row. I installed .30 this morning, and the drive to work was identically bad. Of course, I don't know if the cause is the camera adjustment, the .28/.30 updates, or both.

It seems like right now .30 is only rolling out to people who had a "silky smooth" series update. Not to people who didn't get the update at all in the first place (e.g. the majority of AP2).

Seems to fit a theory where they found some bug of performance deficiency in the update and are holding off on AP2 wide rollout until they can validate a fix.

If this is successful, I'd expect in a day or two the floodgates will start opening.

It seems like right now .30 is only rolling out to people who had a "silky smooth" series update. Not to people who didn't get the update at all in the first place (e.g. the majority of AP2).

Seems to fit a theory where they found some bug of performance deficiency in the update and are holding off on AP2 wide rollout until they can validate a fix.

If this is successful, I'd expect in a day or two the floodgates will start opening.

Ah that sounds very likely. Thank you for this assessment.

I think this has to do with fixing some software glitches that showed up in AP2 MX's. Several people complained after the update of getting air suspension failure warning message and telling them to visit a service center. I had the warning show up on mine just after the .28 update and called the SC and they told me it was a known glitch in 0.28.