Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Firmware 2019.28.2 not engaging Auto Steer at 95 kph on a 80 kph highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Something strange with the latest firmware 2019.28.2 on my 2016 AP1 75D - on a 80 kph (50 mph) highway, I set the speed to 95 kph and Auto Steer warns me that it can only set the cruising speed to be 90 kph. In my Autosteer settings for AutoPilot I have the offset from a speed limit to be 12 kph. However in this specific instance, I first set the cruise control to be 95 kph and then attempted to engage Auto steer, it drops the speed down to 90 kph.

I've been on this highway before and I was able to set the cruising speed to 95 kph.

Anyone else noticed this with the latest firmware update?

In France, on the country roads limited to 80 or 90kph, auto steer won’t engage above the speed limit, and this has been since at least the first v9. So I believe these are safety limitations, possibly on a legal basis. This must have been updated recently for your zone.
In a way, autopilot not allowing to go faster than the actual speed limit makes sense.

In France, on the country roads limited to 80 or 90kph, auto steer won’t engage above the speed limit, and this has been since at least the first v9. So I believe these are safety limitations, possibly on a legal basis. This must have been updated recently for your zone.
In a way, autopilot not allowing to go faster than the actual speed limit makes sense.
I agree its good for safety, but I was curious to know if this was just implemented or not as I had not noticed this before. Thanks.

I'll just use TACC on roads like this. I know that on the regular highways where the limit is 100 Kph, I can set the limit to 115 kph. Tested that yesterday.

Something strange with the latest firmware 2019.28.2 on my 2016 AP1 75D - on a 80 kph (50 mph) highway, I set the speed to 95 kph and Auto Steer warns me that it can only set the cruising speed to be 90 kph. In my Autosteer settings for AutoPilot I have the offset from a speed limit to be 12 kph. However in this specific instance, I first set the cruise control to be 95 kph and then attempted to engage Auto steer, it drops the speed down to 90 kph.

I've been on this highway before and I was able to set the cruising speed to 95 kph.

Anyone else noticed this with the latest firmware update?

Is the highway devided or un-devided?

Interesting. Maybe my recollection is not very good then. I was pretty sure I was able to set it to 95 kph a couple of weeks ago - this is on Highway 6 - on the stretch between the 403 and 401.
Along with the most recent firmware updates, new maps have been rolling out to cars over the past few weeks. It's possible the updated maps changed where you were able to set the higher speed.

Reactions: SilverGS