Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest FSD special passing lane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having an annoying issue with the last 3 FSD updates on my MS. I’m wondering if this is happening to anyone else.

I’m driving down a small road in MN (not sure if other states have these “special lanes”) and my car constantly jerks right into the passing lane with no other cars on the road. These special lanes are made to pass a vehicle turning left. My issue is that it goes into this special lane with no one on the road. I’ve attached an image to better understand.

Attachments

• 0DDDF7CD-C675-47CB-8EAC-1AE6E023B221.jpeg
    0DDDF7CD-C675-47CB-8EAC-1AE6E023B221.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 206
Mine does the same when driving in single carpool lane that splits into 2 (added lane to the right side for exiting or entering). Autopilot seems to ignore the left lane marker and jerks to the right trying to find right side of the 2nd lane.

Don't hold your breath. My car constantly tries to get into the left lane of a 4 lane divided highway even though no one else is around. Really, it is every 2 miles in a 10 mile stretch. Several times it has turned on the blinker to get into the left lane when the only car was a passing car coming up in the left lane to pass me. Very dangerous. It really confuses the other driver when I regain control, turn off the left blinker, and look sheepishly as they pass, now very cautiously, what they believe is another completely unaware Tesla driver. It's embarrassing. I have reported this every time for the last 6 months. Nothing.

I’ve just had FSD for a few days, and several times it tries to pull into a short left turn lane, as if it wants to use it to pass the slow poke in front of me. And I have it set to Chill mode. I have taken over each time so I’m not sure what it would have done if left on its own.

The other thing that bothers me is that on curves to the right, it will move towards the center line, sometimes getting close to oncoming traffic.

I’m thinking they should have an automated sign that comes on that says, “beta software driver, keep your distance” .

I have not figured out how to submit meaningful feedback, or whether they are too busy with what they have already.