Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest M3 manual

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I have two vaccine shots in my body and will soon venture to the showroom for an M3 LR test drive. Does anyone have a link to the most recent M3 manual?
Also, any feature cheat sheets to maximize my 20-minute drive would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

There's only one important feature - pushing the pedal to the floor :)

Make sure you're in a *really* safe position to do it though, you'll hit mach speeds pretty quickly!

As for other features... I've had mine for a few months and think most of it doesn't matter. Standard car stuff... radio, heat, really comfortable seats. It's not gonna rub your shoulders or anything.

One thing to note is the blinkers have 3 states... a full press keeps the blinker on until the car detects you've made a turn. A softer press will blink 3 times then quit (for lane changes). A softer *hold* will blink for as long as you hold it. Warning: a half-committed press between "soft" and "full" will not blink at all.

Lastly, if you speed up to pass a car and then ease off the pedal in front of them, your regen brakes kick in and so do your brake lights. Essentially you'll have pulled in front of them and hit your brakes. Once you understand this it's easy to avoid (just feather the pedal), but it's a common occurrence because of the different driving style.

Single pedal driving for the win!!

That version is sooo 2020.
It still has the old console, e.g., which was no help finding the front USB ports in the new console.
Luckily the car itself has access to an updated manual, but I'd still like a more recent pdf if anybody knows of one.

That version is sooo 2020.
It still has the old console, e.g., which was no help finding the front USB ports in the new console.
Luckily the car itself has access to an updated manual, but I'd still like a more recent pdf if anybody knows of one.

You should be able to download a more current one from inside your tesla account.

(instructions below assume tesla website access through a computer browser, the non mobile version of the tesla website)

1. Log into your tesla account
2. Click MANAGE next to your vehicle
3. Click small drop down arrow next to GLOVE BOX, to expand that menu
4. Click OWNERS MANUAL to open the manual on your computer. Download to your computer for easier access, consider emailing it to yourself and downloading on your mobile device, etc.

I just tested this right now to verify the instructions, (with "right now" being June 20th 2021 in case this thread gets searched later)

Reactions: brulaz
Looking back, I realize that I was so impressed with the tech and performance of the model 3 that I forgot to check several things during my test drive.

Drive on a bumpy road and make sure you are satisfied with the ride and noise level.

Check that it has all the features you expect. Rear cross traffic alert an blind spot monitoring are not available. Homelink is an extra cost add-on.

Looking back, I realize that I was so impressed with the tech and performance of the model 3 that I forgot to check several things during my test drive.

Drive on a bumpy road and make sure you are satisfied with the ride and noise level.

Check that it has all the features you expect. Rear cross traffic alert an blind spot monitoring are not available. Homelink is an extra cost add-on.
perhaps you're replying to the wrong thread?

It is a bit worrisome that the newest manual I could find on tesla's site for download is from October of 2020. I was able to find a slightly newer one on a third party site - 2021 Tesla Model 3 Owner’s Manual PDF | Manual Directory
I went to that site (I believe I was there earlier looking for the newest manual) but the date/version on the cover page is 2020.4, older than the 2020.44 (North America) that's on Tesla's site. I generally don't trust third-party user manual sites to be more updated than the actual manufacturer.

edit: Scrolling down to the end of the 2020.4 manual shows a publication date of January 27, 2020. In other words, the 4th week (denoted by the .4 of the manual version). The 2020.44 manual from Tesla's site shows October 29, 2020, which I'll assume is the 44th week.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: brulaz
I went to that site (I believe I was there earlier looking for the newest manual) but the date/version on the cover page is 2020.4, older than the 2020.44 (North America) that's on Tesla's site. I generally don't trust third-party user manual sites to be more updated than the actual manufacturer.

edit: Scrolling down to the end of the 2020.4 manual shows a publication date of January 27, 2020. In other words, the 4th week (denoted by the .4 of the manual version). The 2020.44 manual from Tesla's site shows October 29, 2020, which I'll assume is the 44th week.
Ah, that's my mistake then - I just didn't look closely enough. Off by a year. Woops. Wait, what year is it anyway?

• Funny
Reactions: RayK