Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest MS 19'' Tires - Goodyear's confusing tire scheme

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is what I currently have, my second set. First lasted 24K, this one should last about the same, with them needing changing next fall. Being ADHD, I am already researching/pricing my next set and asking all kinds of questions to make sure I don't regret my next set :)
yea me too....torn between current or continentals....in think the Michelin is over priced

Reactions: FMinMI
Update: I have almost 17k miles (and almost 3 years). The two front two tires are not looking great; most of the wear is on the inside. Rear tires look fine, even thought this is a 2019 Raven all wheel drive. Check out the pics. Should have rotated them by 10k. Lesson learned.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_Plus_1616482478201.jpg
    PhotoGrid_Plus_1616482478201.jpg
    667.2 KB · Views: 76
Update: I have almost 17k miles (and almost 3 years). The two front two tires are not looking great; most of the wear is on the inside. Rear tires look fine, even thought this is a 2019 Raven all wheel drive. Check out the pics. Should have rotated them by 10k. Lesson learned.
Interesting. Usually, on AWD cars/trucks the tires wear pretty consistently. The only thing I can think of is heavy braking causing the fronts to wear down faster. As for the inside wear, sounds like wheel alignment...

Interesting. Usually, on AWD cars/trucks the tires wear pretty consistently. The only thing I can think of is heavy braking causing the fronts to wear down faster. As for the inside wear, sounds like wheel alignment...
I was surprised too, which is why I didn't consider tire rotation, specially given the fact that my driving is rather tame, and I let regen do most of the breaking. The inside wear is not extreme, but possibly due to minor negative camber angel. At almost 5k lbs, MS is a beast.

Last edited:
Reactions: FMinMI
I have my original MS - GYET - T0 with 33,850 mi. and getting to the point I need to replace at least 2 of my tires front is running at 3 to 4/32 vs. rear at 6 to 7/32 (Never rotated, my bad) I have always liked the ride so more than likely will go back to the exact tires. Unless someone has a recommendation for the same comfort. As I mentioned I am happy with the 34k+ in mileage & ride so a little scared of changing.

Appreciate the OP for the detail on the different tire models e.g. T1, T0, because I would see basically same tire online but not sure if the Sound Comfort Tech was included or not. As well as different prices for what looked the exact same and could never figure out the reason. This helped. Thank you.

I have my original MS - GYET - T0 with 33,850 mi. and getting to the point I need to replace at least 2 of my tires front is running at 3 to 4/32 vs. rear at 6 to 7/32 (Never rotated, my bad) I have always liked the ride so more than likely will go back to the exact tires. Unless someone has a recommendation for the same comfort. As I mentioned I am happy with the 34k+ in mileage & ride so a little scared of changing.

Appreciate the OP for the detail on the different tire models e.g. T1, T0, because I would see basically same tire online but not sure if the Sound Comfort Tech was included or not. As well as different prices for what looked the exact same and could never figure out the reason. This helped. Thank you.
I found the 'only' way to make sure they are the SCT ones is to ask them to confirm there is foam inside since they are not stamped "SCT" or with the product number (MPN 102015578). I have found several places advertising the "T1" but when I asked them, they said there is no foam. So the T1 comes with and without SCT (I believe the without foam T1 is MPN 102015387).

Reactions: NYL12
Exactly. I got a nail in the sidewall of a T1 tire. I went to the local service center and the tech told me that the T0 is the latest tire. He had never heard of the T1. I then went to Discount Tire. They "ordered me" the T1. My appointment is tomorrow and it turns out it is the T0 I could have gotten at Tesla the other day. Tirerack says the T1 is on backorder and I only need 1 tire. My only concern is if I put on a T0 tire on my front right will it affect range? Every mile matters to me. It's the reason I ungraded to the Raven Model S in the first place. Thoughts?
I was told by Continental tire company not to mount the TO and the T1 on the same axle.

Exactly. I got a nail in the sidewall of a T1 tire. I went to the local service center and the tech told me that the T0 is the latest tire. He had never heard of the T1. I then went to Discount Tire. They "ordered me" the T1. My appointment is tomorrow and it turns out it is the T0 I could have gotten at Tesla the other day. Tirerack says the T1 is on backorder and I only need 1 tire. My only concern is if I put on a T0 tire on my front right will it affect range? Every mile matters to me. It's the reason I ungraded to the Raven Model S in the first place. Thoughts?