Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest on S Plaid handling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove an S a while back. It was quick off the line, but the handling left much to be desired. I have been hearing rumors that the new Plaid will make a big jump in the handling category, but have not seen anything definitive. Anyone know the latest?

I'm extraordinarily interested in this as well. Can't wait for the reviews. Personally I don't like how the S drives at all, and I've hooned a P100DL. I'd take my Model 3 AWD all day instead. Now, I've got a Plaid+ on order and would love to purchase that instead of going all the way for the roadster. For me, handling is more important than acceleration. And by handling I don't mean how fast can it go around a turn but is it enjoyable to take a turn in.

Reactions: SpaceCash
Judging by the Nurburgring and Laguna Seca times, they have to have put a decent amount of work into the suspension. The Laguna Seca track time was only 0.3sec more than a Lamborghini Huracan Performante, which is a mostly weight and handling-focused car, so I'm hoping it's going to be something special. Elon has also been quoted as saying he'd like to see low 7 minutes, or even below 7, from a mostly factory stock Plaid (+, I would imagine) on the 'Ring but I'll take that with a grain of salt.

Reactions: phantasms
The new S Plaid at least seems to be a few hundred kgs lighter which should help, but it is a heavy car. Even the M5, both E60 & F11 are fantastic cars, but to me they cannot compare to the M3/M4 in terms of making turns enjoyable. The 911 is still the reference point here though (admittadly never driven the Italian super cars though)

Reactions: phantasms
Its cost will be around the same as the Porsche Taycan, albeit with better range. If Porsche can do better on the range and further develop the charging network (admittedly big ifs), I wonder how well the Tesla would sell.....

I drove an S a while back. It was quick off the line, but the handling left much to be desired. I have been hearing rumors that the new Plaid will make a big jump in the handling category, but have not seen anything definitive. Anyone know the latest?
I was actually impressed with the handling of my P100D which handled much better than I was expecting. The tri-motor plaid with torque vectoring should be amazing.