Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Rivian news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, that video is marked as private. "If the owner of this video has granted you access, please sign in." I just checked my subscription to their YouTube channel and nothing new has been posted publicly in the last two weeks.

Odd. It is marked as Private for me now also. It was not this AM. I'm a pre-order on their mailing list and email list.

Cliff Notes: It will use cylindrical cells like a Tesla, with an emphasis on cooling, off-road armoring, and all=season validation.

Is anyone else kinda gagging at Rivian's overproduced "feels" videos? I watched a bit about their battery pack and the information provided was at the level of a middle schooler (if that).
I feel the same way. It's actually something that turned me off the company. I had a reservation down for almost a year for the R1T before I just decided to the get X.

I feel the same way. It's actually something that turned me off the company. I had a reservation down for almost a year for the R1T before I just decided to the get X.

Yes, it sure would be nice to be able to pick between an R1T or Ford's Transit van, or Ford's F150 EV, or the Cybertruck, or ..., but largely, all we continue to have is Tesla's current offerings. Sigh.

Reactions: wreighven
I just want to see the build specs and actual prices.

I am torn between the Y and the Rivian. I have a pretty outdoor lifestyle and the Rivian seems perfect for that, but if it’s going to be $70k for a bottom of the line 250 mile range 0-Subaru acceleration, I don’t think it’s worth it.

I just want to see the build specs and actual prices.

I am torn between the Y and the Rivian. I have a pretty outdoor lifestyle and the Rivian seems perfect for that, but if it’s going to be $70k for a bottom of the line 250 mile range 0-Subaru acceleration, I don’t think it’s worth it.
That's what they say for the "base" model - $70K. I wish them the best but I predict they will have more success with the Amazon vans.

Reactions: ra88it and outdoors
That's what they say for the "base" model - $70K. I wish them the best but I predict they will have more success with the Amazon vans.

I can't speak to pickups, but the RS1 is a form factor we haven't seen in the EV market yet, and price wise it seems very competitive with something like a Land Cruiser or Range Rover, I think it could definitely find a place in the market (and from my own personal perspective, the RS1 is something I'd very much love to own).

Reactions: wreighven
It was supposed to launch late 2020, but Covid pushed it to 2021, hopefully by Q2.
I forget how many test mules they've built, but I think it's about 50.

I was kind of excited about it at first, but my excitement has faded. It takes a long time, a lot of money, great tech, manufacturing capability, and support to launch a successful EV company. Not easy to do.

Reactions: gene and XLR82XS
upload_2020-7-13_22-45-44.png

"HogDexter DexterAi DangerHOG RIVIAN Headlight’s" T-shirt by GraphicGuru | Redbubble