Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Rivian news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rivian is doing some testing in Tesla's back yard. I passed one a few days ago (matte black in dashcam pic) and passed another (green and black patterned) today on the same road.

Rivian_pickup.jpg

Rivian said the base price for the pickup will start at $70,000 if that is true to expensive for me.
Estimated price is $67,500 for the base model before the $7500 tax credit, so theoretically it'll be around $60k base. I have a reservation and don't plan to get the "fancy" version. If/when I get it, you're welcome to come by and check it out.

Way cheaper? They're close in price.

Maybe I am pricing them out wrong or you don't consider $25k difference to be a big difference in price. I didn't get in on TSLA early like a lot of people here so $25k isn't a meaningless amount. Then when you factor in the federal rebate you are really looking at a $32k difference...am I missing something?

The difference is even bigger when I price in the 6 seater vs 7 seater Model X...the bucket seats is what we prefer. However, since the R1S doesn't have that option i am only comparing the 7 seater models.

Thanks...based on photos, I do like the look of both the Rivian SUV and pickup. The SUV is tempting as it is way cheaper than the Model X and about the same size, and IMO, looks better. But doesn't have the Supercharging network unfortunately.
Does it compare more to the Model X or Model Y? I was assuming the Y and the price would be close in that case. In fact, the Y compares favorably.