Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Rivian news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla was great communicating re: my early Vin X.

I suspect Rivian will be good out of gate but will they be once volume production hits?

I seriously doubt it as Personalized communication won’t work with huge production units.
Maybe not? It’s hard to do so as we are seeing with Tesla. But who knows what their ownership process will be like. Hopefully, not everything goes digital as volume increases like with Tesla and make it impossible to get anyone on the phone unless it’s an emergency. The lack of human communication is one of the biggest reasons some of parent’s friends regret getting a Tesla. Asking people to do everything through an app doesn’t work for every demographic.

Reactions: Lobstahz
Have they advised how many units per location and what the Cap Cost will be?

Tesla has stations from 2-72 connectors.

Obviously Rivian will have 2 Plus. And will grow as the number of Rivians grow and they see congestion at various locations.

Why would they say what the Cap Cost will be?

In the past Tesla gave some very ball park figures but nothing specific.

Tesla was great communicating re: my early Vin X.

I suspect Rivian will be good out of gate but will they be once volume production hits?

I seriously doubt it as Personalized communication won’t work with huge production units.

Different company with different priorities.

Rivian isn't pouring a *sugar* load of capital into robo taxis. Battery factories Or robotics. Or vaccine micro factories. Or dozens of potential offshoots Tesla is working on.

Most owners won't be calling more than once per year after the first few months.

We'll see if Rivian will sustain that level of service.

Tesla used to have very personal service back when they were getting started. They knew who you were and you could get attention of execs. That changed when the volumes got relatively high.

Rivian is going to assign 1 person to everyone who purchases either the R1T or R1S and will stay with you for the duration. So far all my questions have been answered in very short time.

Reactions: ohmman and X Fan
Hopefully. Maybe Rivian will attract a different crowd, but it seems like EV customers are very needy bunch. Obviously there are many things that DIYers can't handle, but I'm always surprised by the banal complaints and issues Tesla owners have.

Most owners won't be calling more than once per year after the first few months.

Ok, how about “exclusive”, as in only that manufacturer‘s cars can use it. Porsche announced high end Porsche only charging lounges, and Rivian says only Rivian vehicles can charge at their network.
re: porsche; they just announced that they want to develop their own charging network but that is only in europe. re: rivian; at this point they are vaporware.
I think you are trying too hard

We'll see if Rivian will sustain that level of service.

Tesla used to have very personal service back when they were getting started. They knew who you were and you could get attention of execs. That changed when the volumes got relatively high.
when I bought my first tesla there were only 30k other teslas, now they are selling 500k a year. they didn't really expand their service center capacities and they actually cut back the CS staff.
so the tesla experience went from a friendly little group to a huge amount of people, that friendly little group thingy is just unsustainable at the massive numbers of cars tesla is selling.

Reactions: rxlawdude
  • Disagree
Reactions: TespaceX
have they delivered any vehicles? the latest news is that some trucks are being tested
They are already using the vans for delivery which started in LA in early February and their suv and truck will start delivery in June. Even if they have not delivered anything does not mean they are vaporware. Do some research on the company before you make misstatements.

Reactions: Lobstahz and ohmman