Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Rivian news

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess what I disagree with is the use of the term vaporware, I do not think Rivian meets that definition.
E5A10DA7-6B0C-4FBB-A9DD-50D2FCD0874D.png

when I bought my first tesla there were only 30k other teslas, now they are selling 500k a year. they didn't really expand their service center capacities and they actually cut back the CS staff.
so the tesla experience went from a friendly little group to a huge amount of people, that friendly little group thingy is just unsustainable at the massive numbers of cars tesla is selling.
I think you misunderstand the term vaporware. It doesn't mean "not yet delivered." This company has multiple trucks and mules on the road, an enormous factory that they're expanding, and a qualified staff with funding.

What you mean is "pre-release".

Yeah, that’s the one. I try not to link to other forums from TMC (per the Terms of Service) but I’m sure this is relatively benign.

Really, that’s a terms of service? I wonder if it’s enforced for occasional things like this which are informative. I mean, TMC is never going to be THE place for Rivian news, especially as we start getting some news.

Really, that’s a terms of service? I wonder if it’s enforced for occasional things like this which are informative. I mean, TMC is never going to be THE place for Rivian news, especially as we start getting some news.

I don't think it is exactly, there are two terms, but I don't think either apply here:

n. to either advertise or promote commercial endeavors without permission from a TMC Administrator. This includes but is not limited to direct posts, Private Messages (PMs), as well as, active links to other sites on the Internet. Direct all such requests via e-mail to a TMC Board Administrator.

TespaceX wasn't advertising a commercial endeavor.

21. Competing Sites, Businesses, Individuals and Organizations
You agree not to attempt to gain traffic from TMC in any way, including but not limited to, links in posts, signatures, profile information, PM's, or emails. This applies to, but is not limited to competing sites, businesses, individuals or organizations. You accept that TMC has the right to erase any information displayed/posted on TeslaMotorsClub.com that may push traffic towards competitors.

TespaceX wasn't trying to gain traffic to the other site, they was just linking to information people here might be interested in.

Last edited:
Cosmacelf wasn't trying to gain traffic to the other site, they was just linking to information people here might be interested in.
@Cosmacelf wasn't the one linking it, @TespaceX was. And as I mentioned, it's benign in this case. I just know (from my personal experience) that linking to other EV forums is at least skirting with #21, and links to those been removed in the past.

I mean, I'm moderating this subforum and I wasn't going to move it. But I also like to (try to) set an example that it is more on the safe side of the Terms. Mostly, I only mentioned it because I didn't want readers thinking I was being lazy in my original post. I had a reason not to include the link, whether good or bad.

Reactions: Lobstahz
Okay.....
Comacelf is innocent as I was the one who provided the link here. But, I had no idea that was somehow against the rules. On that part, my bad.
I was just trying to provide some information that pertains to the discussion and trying to help other members here.

Reactions: ohmman
Okay.....
Comacelf is innocent as I was the one who provided the link here. But, I had no idea that was somehow against the rules. On that part, my bad.
I was just trying to provide some information that pertains to the discussion and trying to help other members here.
Whew! That was a close one. I had visions of being carted away in virtual handcuffs to the TMC jailhouse! I’d like to thank ohmman for the alibi and your paper bag with crisp $100 bills will be delivered soon.

• Funny
Reactions: ohmman and MP3Mike
It is interesting that Jeep™ is building some L2 sites at recreational off-road areas as we speak, but ...
WTF? What good is a L2 charger except for overnight stays? And then you need several of them to support BEVs.
Yes, Jeep is only releasing a PHEV at this time, but they will be releasing BEV in the future.

Concern the TMC hyperlink issue, according to their rules, you can't post an Amazon or Twitter link for a tech article. A little common sense is more effective than censoring tech content. That has killed a lot of Enthusiast Forums. TMC's real competitor will be FaceBook and Twitter who desire to 'steal' readership.

<- Admin since BBS days. Watching the Parade.

It is interesting that Jeep™ is building some L2 sites at recreational off-road areas as we speak, but ...
WTF? What good is a L2 charger except for overnight stays? And then you need several of them to support BEVs.
Yes, Jeep is only releasing a PHEV at this time, but they will be releasing BEV in the future.

Concern the TMC hyperlink issue, according to their rules, you can't post an Amazon or Twitter link for a tech article. A little common sense is more effective than censoring tech content. That has killed a lot of Enthusiast Forums. TMC's real competitor will be FaceBook and Twitter who desire to 'steal' readership.

<- Admin since BBS days. Watching the Parade.
as noted earlier, if you are hiking on a trail for many hours recharging on an L2 can easily add 100+ miles to the car, so it is far from pointless to install an L2 at locations like that.

the problems arise when someone hogs the unit for an opportunity charge and leaves it plugged in for hours after completing the charge.

as noted earlier, if you are hiking on a trail for many hours recharging on an L2 can easily add 100+ miles to the car, so it is far from pointless to install an L2 at locations like that.

the problems arise when someone hogs the unit for an opportunity charge and leaves it plugged in for hours after completing the charge.
It is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, but it is not something you could plan on using, hence defeating the purpose of extending your range to explore trails with your 4x4 EV. Fireroads consume roughly 3x the urban rating.