Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Software Update Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed the latest on Friday and now have issues with the trunk only opening half way. I tried to set the height holding down the close button but reverts back to the half way with a beep. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Just installed the latest on Friday and now have issues with the trunk only opening half way. I tried to set the height holding down the close button but reverts back to the half way with a beep. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

We all get offered different versions, so you really need to specify exactly which version you're talking about. It's common for one person's "latest" to be a lower version than what somebody else might have been running for weeks.

As for the trunk... If you use forum's search function you can find much discussion about trunk problems with some of the 2022 updates.

Reactions: buddhafree
My trunk will only open halfway whenever I am parked on a nose down slope - my driveway, parking garage, etc. I put a little silicone lube on the strut, but didn't help. Either the drive sensor is adjusted wrong, or the actuator is on the hairy edge of the load limit. It never hesitates when closing. I'm awaiting a response from Tesla.
OBTW the EVOffer system on my wife's 2020 M3 doesn't have this issue.