Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LATEST SOFTWARE UPDATE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I RECEIVED MY LATEST SOFTWARE UPDATE AND HAD BEEN USING A STEERING WHEEL CLAMP TO KEEP THE FSD FROM DISENGAGING EVEN THOUGH I HAVE MY HANDS ON THE WHEEL. MY FSD DISENGAGED AND SAID I WAS SUSPENDED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE TRIP BECAUSE I HAD RECEIVED MULTIPLE WARNINGS .
IN TRUTH , THERE WERE NO WARNINGS. ACCORDING TO TESLA THE STEERING WHEEL DEVICE WAS DETECTED AND I RECEIVED A SUSPENSION FROM FSD.
IF YOU RECEIVE THREE OF THESE SUSPENSIONS YOU ARE PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM FSD.

I RECEIVED MY LATEST SOFTWARE UPDATE AND HAD BEEN USING A STEERING WHEEL CLAMP TO KEEP THE FSD FROM DISENGAGING EVEN THOUGH I HAVE MY HANDS ON THE WHEEL. MY FSD DISENGAGED AND SAID I WAS SUSPENDED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE TRIP BECAUSE I HAD RECEIVED MULTIPLE WARNINGS .
IN TRUTH , THERE WERE NO WARNINGS. ACCORDING TO TESLA THE STEERING WHEEL DEVICE WAS DETECTED AND I RECEIVED A SUSPENSION FROM FSD.

Did you not get a warning before your fsd was disabled? The instrument cluster should blink white at the top before it gives you the warning.

Did you not get a warning before your fsd was disabled? The instrument cluster should blink white at the top before it gives you the warning.
In other threads it has been reported that you don't get the usual warnings when the car detects you are using a weight or some other trick to disable the safety system.

NHTSA has been very concerned about people using these tricks. Tesla is trying to stay ahead of the curve (or at least not so far behind).

• Informative
Reactions: COS Blue
In other threads it has been reported that you don't get the usual warnings when the car detects you are using a weight or some other trick to disable the safety system.

NHTSA has been very concerned about people using these tricks. Tesla is trying to stay ahead of the curve (or at least not so far behind).

Very interesting. I haven't used my wheel weight in a while. Its not like the autopilot buddy type device that OP described, it's a sock with ball bearings inside. Guess I won't be testing it soon haha

• Disagree
Reactions: Shmoe
Good. For the love of god stop using a weight. For your own safety and that of anyone near you on the road.