Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Software version?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a notice popping up on the car's screen about a software update. I have the 2020.20.17 version but wasn't near a wi-fi at the time so touched "later". When I got to a place where there was a good wi-fi signal from an ISP that my car is authorized to use, the Software screen said "your software is up to date". What's up with that? What is the latest version and how can I get the download process started? I have a July 22, 2019 Model 3 SR+

sometimes it happens. sometimes because they pull that specific update (found a bug?). whatever the reason may be, give it a while and you'll eventually get whatevers-current at that moment.

your car is still 99.99% the same car, so no rush

Reactions: Airgetlam
I've just got 2020.28.2, I initially thought it just added a language improvement, but since found out it seems to be identifying Giveway signs now, rather than just going off mapping or GPS data. I've done a video of it here if you are interested, but if it takes a while for your car to get it, don't be too disappointed, as didn't notice much difference other than that of 2020.24.6

Here's my video link of my home-made Giveway sign tricking the Tesla

I've just got 2020.28.2, I initially thought it just added a language improvement, but since found out it seems to be identifying Giveway signs now, rather than just going off mapping or GPS data. I've done a video of it here if you are interested, but if it takes a while for your car to get it, don't be too disappointed, as didn't notice much difference other than that of 2020.24.6

Here's my video link of my home-made Giveway sign tricking the Tesla

That sign in the video preview image looks suspiciously like a Yield sign. :)

I got a notice popping up on the car's screen about a software update. I have the 2020.20.17 version but wasn't near a wi-fi at the time so touched "later". When I got to a place where there was a good wi-fi signal from an ISP that my car is authorized to use, the Software screen said "your software is up to date". What's up with that? What is the latest version and how can I get the download process started? I have a July 22, 2019 Model 3 SR+
2020.20 means it's from the 20th week in 2020 which was middle of May. The latest fleet-wide release is 2020.24.6.9 (if you have the advanced software option enabled) which is from the 24th week of 2020 (second week of June), and the "6.9th" revision of it.
Hope this helps.

If there is one thing I have learned, it is just to sit back and let the car update when it is going to update. People will tell you there are things you can do to try an force and update, but that is all a facad. Just sit back and it will come when it comes :D

People with FSD will always be a ahead on the update train, which I agree with. They have paid for FSD and early access.

Reactions: Toysla and 0ptions
I got a notice popping up on the car's screen about a software update. I have the 2020.20.17 version but wasn't near a wi-fi at the time so touched "later". When I got to a place where there was a good wi-fi signal from an ISP that my car is authorized to use, the Software screen said "your software is up to date". What's up with that? What is the latest version and how can I get the download process started?

Usually, the notification that shows on the screen is that it has DOWNLOADED the update and it is ready to install. That you had a "Later" option would indicate this. If this is the case, it may well have installed the next time you parked the car.

At least that's how I'm reading it.

(if you have the advanced software option enabled).
The general consensus (which I agree with) is that option doesn't do much for one any more. I could be wrong though

After almost 2 fun-filled and a totally worth-it Model 3 purchase, these TMC posts haven't changed.
A good question or comment is posted by a member. Then a bunch of people reply or comment on the post. 95% of the responses are noise (e.g. "Yeah, I got that update too!" or "Should I -blank?-" or "Installing.") and maybe 3-4% actually focus on and answer the question, and the 1-2% are like me and ask, "What am I reading here!?" Lol!

You're screwed. You'll never be able to update the software again.