TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Latest SolarEdge/PowerWall Brochure

Discussion in 'Tesla Energy' started by Cosmacelf, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that. I see it is dated "07/2016".

3. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

There is a friend who is interested in this solution for his house. I don't know if he can afford out of pocket costs for this - but is it possible that the entire system shown by ecarfan can be leased? Inclusive of the inverter, supporting switches, re-wiring of stand-by circuits and more? Or does it have to be split between that which can be within the Solar system and that which is outside (standby circuit wiring, etc). I presume a cash price for this entire system is over $35,000, correct? The friend will need two powerwalls for enough evening/overnight power. I think he is looking to go off grid (in a .15/kWh local environment). He is quite anti-oil and also seems to be growing anti-grid. And going off grid might mean instead to plan for 3-4 days of clouds (lots of powerwalls or rack of Solar deep-cycle LA).

4. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Truly off grid is really expensive for an off the shelf bought solution.

• Like x 1
  5. electracity

electracity Active Member

He will never do it. Give him a couple months to move on to the next obsession.

• Like x 2
  6. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Quite true - but he is hard-core in terms of desire not to support "big (oil/gas/power/coal/blah)". Wants to
    I agree - and he is a local musician and I am guessing has limited funds. But is very "anti anything other than what is cool and green right now". Even has anti-oil songs in his set lists. Though he is very green, he wasn't at the free local Michael Mann talk earlier this week.

7. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

Is SolarEdge SE7600A-USS compatible with Tesla PowerWall 2.0?

I don't know if that July 2016 product line is in the same family as SE7600A-USS, their Tesla PowerWall 1.0 compatible inverter, but I am about to get a solar installation, and I specified that they get the SE7600A-USS since they were going to get the SE7600 anyway, and I want to future-proof it for a Tesla PowerWall, however, since Tesla is coming out with PowerWall 2.0 October 28, I don't know if the hookups will be incompatible. Does anybody know if the SE7600A-USS is compatible with Tesla PowerWall 2.0?

I need the solar system installed by end of year, so I don't think I can wait for the October 28, 2016 future product announcement before ordering since that will not even be available right away (from a now perspective, which is what I'm working with in terms of getting all the paperwork and installations turned on by Dec 31, 2016).

• Informative x 1
  8. Ulmo

Ulmo Active Member

Replying to myself:

I just got this email back from SolarEdge.Com:

• Like x 1