Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest SolarEdge/PowerWall Brochure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a friend who is interested in this solution for his house. I don't know if he can afford out of pocket costs for this - but is it possible that the entire system shown by ecarfan can be leased? Inclusive of the inverter, supporting switches, re-wiring of stand-by circuits and more? Or does it have to be split between that which can be within the Solar system and that which is outside (standby circuit wiring, etc). I presume a cash price for this entire system is over $35,000, correct? The friend will need two powerwalls for enough evening/overnight power. I think he is looking to go off grid (in a .15/kWh local environment). He is quite anti-oil and also seems to be growing anti-grid. And going off grid might mean instead to plan for 3-4 days of clouds (lots of powerwalls or rack of Solar deep-cycle LA).

Truly off grid is really expensive for an off the shelf bought solution.

Quite true - but he is hard-core in terms of desire not to support "big (oil/gas/power/coal/blah)". Wants to
He will never do it. Give him a couple months to move on to the next obsession.

I agree - and he is a local musician and I am guessing has limited funds. But is very "anti anything other than what is cool and green right now". Even has anti-oil songs in his set lists. Though he is very green, he wasn't at the free local Michael Mann talk earlier this week.

Is SolarEdge SE7600A-USS compatible with Tesla PowerWall 2.0?

I don't know if that July 2016 product line is in the same family as SE7600A-USS, their Tesla PowerWall 1.0 compatible inverter, but I am about to get a solar installation, and I specified that they get the SE7600A-USS since they were going to get the SE7600 anyway, and I want to future-proof it for a Tesla PowerWall, however, since Tesla is coming out with PowerWall 2.0 October 28, I don't know if the hookups will be incompatible. Does anybody know if the SE7600A-USS is compatible with Tesla PowerWall 2.0?

I need the solar system installed by end of year, so I don't think I can wait for the October 28, 2016 future product announcement before ordering since that will not even be available right away (from a now perspective, which is what I'm working with in terms of getting all the paperwork and installations turned on by Dec 31, 2016).

• Informative
Reactions: JOEV1
Is SolarEdge SE7600A-USS compatible with Tesla PowerWall 2.0?

I don't know if that July 2016 product line is in the same family as SE7600A-USS, their Tesla PowerWall 1.0 compatible inverter, but I am about to get a solar installation, and I specified that they get the SE7600A-USS since they were going to get the SE7600 anyway, and I want to future-proof it for a Tesla PowerWall, however, since Tesla is coming out with PowerWall 2.0 October 28, I don't know if the hookups will be incompatible. Does anybody know if the SE7600A-USS is compatible with Tesla PowerWall 2.0?

I need the solar system installed by end of year, so I don't think I can wait for the October 28, 2016 future product announcement before ordering since that will not even be available right away (from a now perspective, which is what I'm working with in terms of getting all the paperwork and installations turned on by Dec 31, 2016).
Replying to myself:

I just got this email back from SolarEdge.Com:

RE: Does SE7600A-USS support Tesla PowerWall 2.0?

Hello,

I ran this question by our in-house StorEdge engineer and he confirmed that the SE7600A-USS DOES support Tesla Powerwall 2.0.

Thank you,

Brian
SolarEdge Support

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 10/14/2016 3:53 PM
To: ussupport@solaredge....
Cc: bwa@...
Subject: Does SE7600A-USS support Tesla PowerWall 2.0?

Dear SolarEdge,

Does the SolarEdge SE7600A-USS support Tesla PowerWall 2.0? (I am about to order a solar panel installation and want to allow future installation of a Tesla PowerWall, but TE’s PowerWall 1.0 is not in wide availability in USA.)

If you have information that requires a nondisclosure agreement before October 29, 2016, then I am willing to agree to and sign it.

Sincerely,
Brad Allen

Reactions: electracity