Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest SW Update: Charging Port Not Opening / Sentry Mode Hyperactive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

We picked up our LR AWD M3 in late December.

I'm three software updates in to life as a Tesla owner and I just love the fact that the car gets better overnight. Expect when it doesn't - after the minor update about a week ago to the software (2019.40.50.7) - seems like mostly a bug fix update - I've had two issues:

-The charging port will not open from locked as it used to. When we first brought it home, I could walk up to the locked car, push the charging port/tail light and the charge port would open so I could plug my Juicebox 40 in. It was great. Ever since the latest update I have to unlock the car first and since the easiest way to do that is just open the driver's door, I open the door, leave it a little ajar and then go charge. It's not a big deal, but it's definitely not the Jetsons feeling I had just a month ago. Anyone else? I can't find a software toggle anywhere to change that behavior.

-I was leaving Sentry mode active at home as a kind of second home security system, since we park in the open air outside our front door, but after this update we were awoken by flashing lights throughout the night. "Luckily" my 8mo daughter was also up a lot that night so I was able to test and see that it was sentry mode reacting to...the wind maybe? For now I've disabled sentry at home, but curious if anyone else had this experience.

thanks
e

I've had problems with the charge port not unlocking at superchargers twice now. I've tried unlocking it on the screen as well as the button on the charger handle and it won't release. Both times I've had to pull the cable in the truck to get it to release. Hopefully it's just a software bug.

I've been having to do the same procedure you described above to get the charger out at home for awhile.

I've had problems with the charge port not unlocking at superchargers twice now. I've tried unlocking it on the screen as well as the button on the charger handle and it won't release. Both times I've had to pull the cable in the truck to get it to release. Hopefully it's just a software bug.

I've been having to do the same procedure you described above to get the charger out at home for awhile.

yeah, I feel like kind of a d*ck for being annoyed when it doesn’t work but it’s the expectation the car has created that magical things will “just work”