Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Tesla Motors-Related News (Feel Free To Post Here)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FRT for EV Extended till 31st March 2017

This is great news for us and for Tesla Hong Kong, but I'm kind of worried for the Model E for now... well.... a little too early for that right?

We should celebrate first!!! Hurray!!!!

Last edited:
I wouldn't be worried about FRT for Model E... they are targeting a price that will make it competitive vs. ICE cars without any government rebates -- ~30-35K USD base

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they taper/phase out the FRT waiver instead of removing it all at once.

"L" from Palo Alto said when she was in Hong Kong that there will be four superchargers in Hong Kong. When I asked where, she said they were still scouting locations.
She also said they were looking for locations for the Service Centre and retail store -- she said it's "highly unlikely" that I would take delivery (towards the end of the summer) at the current Tsuen Wan location. For what it's worth, they are also sourcing a telecom provider for the Internet connection....

I heard the same numbers. I wonder how many plugs there will be at each station.

It's great to even just learn about the possible numbers. Let's hope that they won't end up dead far away.

Take an example, according to the supercharger map of Norway,
Norway.png

in Germany

tesla-eu-superchargers-1.jpg

and in the States

Tesla-Superchargers.png

they are meant to be installed at areas which connects the entire country from North to South and East to West.

If they have seen what Mark put up http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/5755-Around-Hong-Kong-EV-Rally-Sunday-June-26th

attachment.php?attachmentid=1905&d=1307580733.png

Then Tesla scouts will have some ideas.

(Pardon me if the images are not the most updated)

It's great to even just learn about the possible numbers. Let's hope that they won't end up dead far away.

Then Tesla scouts will have some ideas.

(Pardon me if the images are not the most updated)

The difference is that in USA and Europe, the superchargers are to enable long-distance travelling. In Hong Kong, I suppose they will be to enable charging for people without any other convenient ability to charge.

So, in USA & Europe they will be along major highways, spaced at 150mile intervals. In Hong Kong, presumably more central locations, with something for people to do while they wait.

The difference is that in USA and Europe, the superchargers are to enable long-distance travelling. In Hong Kong, I suppose they will be to enable charging for people without any other convenient ability to charge.

So, in USA & Europe they will be along major highways, spaced at 150mile intervals. In Hong Kong, presumably more central locations, with something for people to do while they wait.

Exactly!

Add to that, there are already 6 charging stations in Norway, for half the population of Hong Kong (although ... a much bigger road network!)

Not only do Hong Kong need a lot of super charges, but they need them very soon, lot's of them, and enough spots at each station.

If people cannot get their cars charged in HK - for the reasons Mark states - it will impact the sales dramatically.

I would love to have superchargers at central locations too, land cost is my worry.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly!

Add to that, there are already 6 charging stations in Norway, for half the population of Hong Kong (although ... a much bigger road network!)

Not only do Hong Kong need a lot of super charges, but they need them very soon, lot's of them, and enough spots at each station.

If people cannot get their cars charged in HK - for the reasons Mark states - it will impact the sales dramatically.

According to Bjørn Nyland https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG1QcV31eoSaX4rE8avQL4A through our email chats, yes, there are 6 superchargers and Tesla is planning to double it by some time in 2014.

It would be interesting to see the actual number of Model S sold in Norway to predict the actual numbers of superchargers in Hong Kong in the future.