Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Tesla Motors-Related News (Feel Free To Post Here)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Registering the name legally in order to profit isn't a crime per se. The guy played dirty and speculated and is asking for too much money. That's unethical, but it's not a crime. That's why he's unsuccessful in his demand and the mediation is ongoing. Tesla continues to do business on the Mainland and the car is selling well. These things happen all the time everywhere and you can see them under the Risks section in Tesla's SEC filings. Currently, I can't see any unfairness in this case.

What I find truly amazing is how some foreign companies easily get fined unbelievably huge amounts by the almighty US court. "We're gonna have you pay us $9 billion fine, BNP Paribas, because how dare you to do business with those 'criminal' states!" lol

In a non corrupt system, registering an already established international businesses trademarks would be rejected by the courts as well as the trademark authorities. The US courts penalise US and foreign companies in equal measure. Thank goodness for the Doctrine of the Separation of Powers and the rule of law.

BNP Paribas was fined billions of dollars for sanctions violations. I find nothing funny about sanctions on a state that is committing genocide, but hey, thats just me.
And what is truly amazing is that JP Morgan, a US company, got hit with $13 billion in penalties for its various criminal acts last year. Even more unbelievably large than BNP.

Just read that same piece from Chinese sources too. RMB1.5m (double Model S price in mainland) for 16 EVSEs makes it a little under 100k each to build. If many medium to large businesses, especially hotels or hostels, can see this as a worthwhile investment which potentially attracts customers, then we don't have to rely heavily on the government and EV development in China can be accelerated much faster.

Only 2 Superchargers in HK? 1 is in Macau?

I was just checking out this page again http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger and realised that out of the 3 supercharger dots near Hong Kong, actually 1 is right on top of Macau (across the Delta) instead of 3 dots which I initially thought I saw.

1.PNG
2.PNG

Do you guys agree with what I see?

The Apple Daily article, in the hands of Google Translate:

Tesla intends to build super-charging stations in Hong Kong

Tesla plans to build a number of "super-charging stations" in Hong Kong, the same type of foreign Pictured charging stations.

Tesla plans to build a number of "super-charging stations" in Hong Kong, the same type of foreign Pictured charging stations.

WASHINGTON Europe and selling electric cars Tesla Model S has finally landed in Hong Kong, the company confirmed to the newspaper, will be held next Wednesday in the delivery ceremony of the first Model S, expected to attract hundreds of prospective owners to participate. Sources pointed out,

Tesla will build a number of "super-charging stations" in Hong Kong, the first located in the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal and Hopewell Centre.
Model S arriving next week

Tesla communications director of China Yang Shuting confirmed delivery ceremony will be held next Wednesday at Kai Tak cruise terminal, when Tesla global vice president, general manager of China 吴碧瑄 will attend the ceremony, Chief Executive Officer Musk (Elon Musk) will not come to Hong Kong .

She continued finger, Tesla attaches great importance to the Hong Kong market, second only to the British territory, became the second right-hand drive version of the Model S launch market, but she declined to disclose the current order situation.
Tesla has officially given to the hundreds of invitations to prospective owners, invited to participate in next week's delivery ceremony; sources, the day will be about 10 owners to receive a new car, a lot of celebrities, or previously purchased the old electric car Roadster The first owner.
In fact, Model S at the end of PDI original plan, but due to limited production capacity, a year later than the scheduled time before the official arrival of a small part of the car owners to cancel the order.
Messages continued refers, Tesla decided to build a number of "super-charging stations (Supercharger)" in Hong Kong, the first cruise terminal at Kai Tak and the Hopewell Centre, the other will continue construction. The super-charging station can in 20 minutes, half full battery power, and is free of charge, the owner of the territory also hundreds of public charging station.

Some mistakes in the translation, though clear enough what it's about.

Memo to the White House From Tesla Motors, Inc.: You Made a Big Mistake

So much for the petition effort.

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/07/15/memo-to-the-white-house-from-tesla-motors-inc-you.aspx

- - - Updated - - -

News confirmed by Tesla
Tesla Model III to challenge BMW 3 Series - World Exclusive | Auto Express

“We were going to call it model E for a while and then*Ford*sued us saying it wanted to use the Model E – I thought this is crazy, Ford’s trying to kill sex!"

:D:D

sonywong, you are quick!

S III X, haha!

This guy's only valid point is that the stock is over-valued. The "facts" related to Tesla/Toyota/Panasonic are pretty much all wrong. Also, Tesla has many employees that have worked for Toyota and know full well how their manufacturing system works. In addition, Panasonic has committed to the Gigafactory in their own risk-averse style. In a way, I think it's good that Panasonic has been ramping up in a controlled manner and holding back Tesla a little so the cart doesn't get ahead of the horse, as they saying goes.