Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Tesla Motors-Related News (Feel Free To Post Here)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I think Elon is the right person / CEO/ chairman for all his companies, few people on our planet has the guts, charisma and mind to lead these days.

I just think if Transport Department or Customs are in the way, he should try to hire ex-management personnel to smooth things down, much like Tesla hiring the US veterans.

Thinking of the way Tesla Motors way of dealing is, I highly doubt they are willing to use bribes. Yes, let's just call a spade a spade here. And as it is well documented over and over again, "no engine in China runs without oil"

If the customs had been properly lubricated, I am sure the cars would have come in much easier. One number wrong, and the car has to be sent physically back to the country origin, change the number, then send the car back again?

This oh so grand country, what ancient time period are they still stuck in?

"In China, everything is prohibited, and everything is possible"

They should be ashamed of their own country. And gee, our problems in Hong Kong are minute, compared to our next door Big Brother.

Good luck, Tesla Motors China!

0:52 Sei Liu is walking past

0:54 Two more TMC'ers!

0:59 Rotorbow and three more I think?

1:03 More than 10 TMC'ers plus some family/friends, at our improvised group photo

1:06 More of us, mainly the taller ones visible (behind Alex)

1:22 The "Tesla Baby" being lifted above the crowd, and swinging side to side - haha!

2:05 More again, I think Rotorbow?

Thinking of the way Tesla Motors way of dealing is, I highly doubt they are willing to use bribes. Yes, let's just call a spade a spade here. And as it is well documented over and over again, "no engine in China runs without oil"

If the customs had been properly lubricated, I am sure the cars would have come in much easier. One number wrong, and the car has to be sent physically back to the country origin, change the number, then send the car back again?

This oh so grand country, what ancient time period are they still stuck in?

"In China, everything is prohibited, and everything is possible"

They should be ashamed of their own country. And gee, our problems in Hong Kong are minute, compared to our next door Big Brother.

Good luck, Tesla Motors China!

DITB, how can you be so sure that all the problems and delays are due to the Chinese customs and China as a whole, without concrete evidence and details of the matter? What makes you hate my country so much? I feel puzzled at times that when we export to some other big western markets like the US for example, we face a lot of barriers and unreasonable demands from the authorities too. But the English language media rarely paint the whole picture and give a fair view.

Anyway, I hope you're not offended. But I do urge all of us stay on topic and restrain from expressing their personal political view, let alone attacking another race/country and trying to lecture others.

Sorry if I offended anyone. I had too much bad experience of the corruption already. I really like China, just so frustrating that some people with power exploit the situation to get rich from using their power.

If the campaign against corruption is really successful, then I think China will be a much better and stronger country.

And it's worth pointing out that the requirements to import anything into western countries is usually for public health or well being
I think you'll find that the corruption in western countries is simply at a different level, that of the law makers. Vehicle import regulations in Canada and the USA hide behind the banner of safety, But you don't have to look far to realize that it's completely to protect entrenched interests, entrenched interests who contribute greatly to political election campaigns. It's still corruption, but it's all above board and legal.

And it's worth pointing out that the requirements to import anything into western countries is usually for public health or well being, local corruption is virtually unknown.

http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2013/results/

US = 19
china = 80

on the scale.

Well, you mean the US ranks #19 (with a score of 73), while China ranking #80 has a score of only 40.

Hong Kong is up at spot #15, with a score of 75, while Denmark and New Zealand share the first place of having a score of 91.

Me being used to having virtually no corruption, it makes it harder to accept that money has so much power in some countries. While communism is supposedly about being equal, there are almost 1 million Chinese people with a net worth of 10 million yuan or more, while there are certainly hundreds of million very poor Chinese citizens. In Denmark, the difference in salary between the lowest paid worker and the highest paid CEO is amongst the least, while differentiated taxes makes the difference after taxes even less (which results in a lot of rich people leaving Denmark, obviously).

Those of us here in the forums who ordered a Tesla Model S obviously have a better capacity than average. Personally, I can only barely afford the car, and a great deal of me buying one is ideological.

It's not really a fight against countries, but a fight against those people or other entities, in these countries, who either offer or demand bribes, or other means of gaining unfair advantages.

The fight against corruption is a different agenda though - helping make the air less dirty is what we are on these forums for (at least for some)

Tesla Gigafactory in California or Washington? Nope. Nevada? Yes, say reports : FUTURE TECH : Tech Times

And it seems the Gigafactory might eventually end up in Nevada (according to this article). One more important milestone, securing plenty of batteries, reducing unit costs at the same time.

The Richard Hammond Rebel! He likes the Tesla Model S!!!

Here's a big news!

He likes it! Seems like he flipped Jeremy's table!

PROFILE-Richard-Hammond.png

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/motoring/car-reviews/tesla-model-s-luxury-electric-3840012

While I am always glad to see another positive review of the S, it amazes me how many basic facts he managed to get wrong about the car, facts that are easily checked on Tesla's website. Take this sentence from his review:

Quote: "There are three versions – the standard car with a 60kWh battery, a Performance one with 80kWh battery, and *Performance Plus with the same battery but sports-tuned air *suspension, sportier tyres and bigger wheels."

So many mistakes in so few words...

While I am always glad to see another positive review of the S, it amazes me how many basic facts he managed to get wrong about the car, facts that are easily checked on Tesla's website. Take this sentence from his review:

Quote: "There are three versions – the standard car with a 60kWh battery, a Performance one with 80kWh battery, and *Performance Plus with the same battery but sports-tuned air *suspension, sportier tyres and bigger wheels."

So many mistakes in so few words...

Nice observation. I didn't really pay much attention to the content really. I guess it is already a huge step forward for TopGear.

Electric car drivers get 100 new chargers to plug into | South China Morning Post

Electric vehicle owners will be able to juice up their cars at 100 new medium-charge stations from next month.

They are the first medium chargers to be installed at government car parks and will be available for public use at 16 such facilities across the city.

Starting this Friday, medium chargers will be available for use at government car parks including City Hall and Star Ferry, Central, Rumsey Street, in Sheung Wan, and the Immigration Tower in Wan Chai. Medium chargers will also be installed at government office car parks including Queensway, in Admiralty, North Point and in Sha Tin.

Tesla And Panasonic Reach Agreement On Gigafactory Project: Report

So it' done?

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...ement-on-gigafactory-project-report?fbfanpage

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds great, I wonder if anyone has a list of fees for these car parks. Also, it would be nice to know if these car parks are Model S friendly (again, back to the topic of the dangers of small car parks in Hong Kong).

Also, just $1.4M? God, what a push for EVs.

The Model S competition, Nissan's Leaf, just flunked the IIHS crash testing

The Model S competition, Nissan's Leaf, just flunked the IIHS crash testing, causing Consumers Report to withdraw its Recommended status:

The Leaf experienced 16 inches of intrusion into the lower passenger compartment. IIHS notes that the instrument panel, parking brake pedal, and steering column were all pushed back toward the driver, risking numerous injuries.

The Model S competition, Nissan's Leaf, just flunked the IIHS crash testing, causing Consumers Report to withdraw its Recommended status:

The Leaf experienced 16 inches of intrusion into the lower passenger compartment. IIHS notes that the instrument panel, parking brake pedal, and steering column were all pushed back toward the driver, risking numerous injuries.

News releases

Nissan Leaf got "poor" in 3 of 7 gradings, "overall", "structure" and "lower leg and foot":

Vehicle details

Compare that to the Model S - yes, it would be nice but

IIHS has not tested the Tesla and has no plans to do so because we have limited resources and do not typically test high-end luxury/sports cars.

(A reply to an email from teslamotors forums user thranx)

Well, the Model S was tested August 2013:

TESLA MODEL S: 2013 Tesla Model S 5 HB RWD | Safercar -- NHTSA

NISSAN LEAF: 2015 Nissan Leaf 5 HB FWD | Safercar -- NHTSA

The Tesla Model S Is So Safe It Broke the Crash-Testing Gear | Autopia | WIRED

Maybe IIHS is afraid the Tesla Model S is so strong it will damage their testing equipment?