Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest Update and Long Range AWD Distance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone with the LR AWD seen the range increase to the new 322 advertised range?
I was hoping this update today would get the firmware on par with the new advertised LR AWD range like the SR got a little ways back . Would only make sense that those of us with them would get it like others have with the other models.

They are now advertising the LR AWD at 322 miles. I would think that 5% performance increase from the update would be getting us there. 5% equates to about 15 miles range

New I was 279 miles at 90%
2500 miles now at 278 miles at 90%

I use the always leave it plugged in when at home theory and have always charged to 90%. Considering going down to a lower state of charge before plugging in to see if that changes anything. Most of the time I’m only around 50% before I charge up.

I realize the update only mentions the 5% @sophoa dad. I’m just curious if like the sr range+ going from 240 to 250 increase recently if we will see the same as
LR AWd as the new advertised range for sale of the LR dual motor is now from 310 to 322

^ I would like to think most of us that have a LR AWD would like that increase. Call me crazy but I can’t believe that there aren’t more posts about this already. Being the sr got it with their update, or rwd got it earlier as well, id hope we will as well even if it’s not until a few updates from now.

Nothing worse then buying a car 2 months prior to have the range efficiency increase by 4% for 1% more cost

Last edited:
They are now advertising the LR AWD at 322 miles. I would think that 5% performance increase from the update would be getting us there. 5% equates to about 15 miles range

New I was 279 miles at 90%
2500 miles now at 278 miles at 90%

I use the always leave it plugged in when at home theory and have always charged to 90%. Considering going down to a lower state of charge before plugging in to see if that changes anything. Most of the time I’m only around 50% before I charge up.

I realize the update only mentions the 5% @sophoa dad. I’m just curious if like the sr range+ going from 240 to 250 increase recently if we will see the same as
LR AWd as the new advertised range for sale of the LR dual motor is now from 310 to 322

Youre better off than me. My LR AWD charge at 90% yields about 275 miles (missing 4 miles) with 8800 miles driven now.
I too would charge to the 90% everyday, driving roughly 50-60 miles per day. I started charging to about 80% (for about 2 weeks) and still am missing 4 miles (seeing 244 vs 248).

Reactions: Judders
I get 300 at 100% on my LR AWD despite Tesla confirming max range is 322.

I think that, under ideal circumstances and perfect weather, 322 is doable... but I don't think we'd see it until Spring/Summer time.

Is that confirmed with the service center that we should get 322 eventually? Or where did you get the confirmation from Tesla?

Or did you order after the updated it should get that?

The range displayed on the main screen near the battery icon is based on a fixed constant in relation to how much kW are left. That number is not affected by driving habits, climate, or anything else, but can be affected by battery degradation. The number that is affected by climate, driving habits, etc is the estimated range. Tesla would have to change the constant via software to show a higher number.

I took delivery of my 2020 M3 5 days ago, ordered on 10/12. It has my range at 310 and not 322. I just updated to V10 a couple of days ago. I'm brand new to Tesla, do you guys think the range would automatically increase over the next few weeks or do I need to call someone?

I took delivery of my 2020 M3 5 days ago, ordered on 10/12. It has my range at 310 and not 322. I just updated to V10 a couple of days ago. I'm brand new to Tesla, do you guys think the range would automatically increase over the next few weeks or do I need to call someone?

Do you know when they updated it on the website? And when your car was built? I’d assume you should have it

Website was only updated in the past week or two ; it was when the model years switched to 2020.
Could be the next update we receive has a range boost.
Sometimes Telsa gets ahead of themselves a bit, since it is for 2020 vehicles, give them a couple of months I say.
I believe it should be for all LR AWD, not just MY 2020 ones.

This one was a power boost (acceleration not range).

Website was only updated in the past week or two ; it was when the model years switched to 2020.
Could be the next update we receive has a range boost.
Sometimes Telsa gets ahead of themselves a bit, since it is for 2020 vehicles, give them a couple of months I say.
I believe it should be for all LR AWD, not just MY 2020 ones.

This one was a power boost (acceleration not range).

I’m hoping that’s the case as the cars are basically exactly the same to my understanding. I’m going to have to look up my vin and see what model year I am. Late September build, im assuming 2019.

I have a 2019 LR AWD and with the latest update (36.2.1) I only received the 5% power boost but no sign of a range increase. I read on reddit somewhere (can't find it now) that they may not provide existing AWD owners the range boost because it will change the EPA rating, which they can't do retroactively for some reason. That could be all hogwash but thought I'd mention it.

Gonna keep an eye on this thread because like others said, its likely only a software/algorithm change then existing 20xx LR AWD owners should get it.

I have a 2019 LR AWD and with the latest update (36.2.1) I only received the 5% power boost but no sign of a range increase. I read on reddit somewhere (can't find it now) that they may not provide existing AWD owners the range boost because it will change the EPA rating, which they can't do retroactively for some reason. That could be all hogwash but thought I'd mention it.

Gonna keep an eye on this thread because like others said, its likely only a software/algorithm change then existing 20xx LR AWD owners should get it.

agreed, however they have already done this with the lr rwd and sr so I call bs on the epa thing

or keep it listed as 310 and still bump us up

Last edited: