Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch Mode not in V7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else with a P90D or P85D that should have launch mode not see it in the release notes?

I tried:
-Ludacris mode
-Max power enabled
-Hold break. Press accel.

All I get is the "both pedals pressed" warning. I don't want to push the accel to hard since you can feel its pushing against the brakes.

Anyone else with a P90D or P85D that should have launch mode not see it in the release notes?

I tried:
-Ludacris mode
-Max power enabled
-Hold break. Press accel.

All I get is the "both pedals pressed" warning. I don't want to push the accel to hard since you can feel its pushing against the brakes.

It is part of 7.1 as discussed in the thread below even for those who didn't have it before...like me.
There is another condition that must be met.
The battery pack temperature must be over 37F as per the release notes shown in this thread here:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/58826-New-Launch-Mode-firmware-2-9-40/page38

Good luck!

It is part of 7.1 as discussed in the thread below even for those who didn't have it before...like me.
There is another condition that must be met.
The battery pack temperature must be over 37F as per the release notes shown in this thread here:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/58826-New-Launch-Mode-firmware-2-9-40/page38

Good luck!

The post, New Launch Mode - firmware 2.9.40 - Page 38, shows the Limitation that the ambient temperature needs to be above 3˚C.

Is this an ambient temperature limitation, a battery temperature limitation, or both?

Put on the bug list: issue a warning stating that launch mode has been disabled due to low battery temperature.
FYI This is not a form that TM takes bugs from (though some do read here).

Instead ensure you report bugs, i.e. do this Voice recognition "note: issue a warning stating that launch mode has been disabled due to low battery temperature"
or
email serviceNA[at]teslamotors[dot]com, eg (not sure this will parse here...): mailto:[email protected]?subject="My Tesla is awesome, and I believe you can make it even better by ..."