TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Launch Mode not in V7.1

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by TitanP90D, Jan 18, 2016.

1. TitanP90D

TitanP90D Member

Anyone else with a P90D or P85D that should have launch mode not see it in the release notes?

I tried:
    -Ludacris mode
    -Max power enabled
    -Hold break. Press accel.

All I get is the "both pedals pressed" warning. I don't want to push the accel to hard since you can feel its pushing against the brakes.

2. Roadrunner13

Roadrunner13 Member

It is part of 7.1 as discussed in the thread below even for those who didn't have it before...like me.
    There is another condition that must be met.
    The battery pack temperature must be over 37F as per the release notes shown in this thread here:
    http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/58826-New-Launch-Mode-firmware-2-9-40/page38

Good luck!

3. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

The post, New Launch Mode - firmware 2.9.40 - Page 38, shows the Limitation that the ambient temperature needs to be above 3˚C.

Is this an ambient temperature limitation, a battery temperature limitation, or both?

4. TitanP90D

TitanP90D Member

Thanks guys that makes sense. It was cold in Dallas. :D

5. evp

evp Nerd

Put on the bug list: issue a warning stating that launch mode has been disabled due to low battery temperature.

6. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

FYI This is not a form that TM takes bugs from (though some do read here).

Instead ensure you report bugs, i.e. do this Voice recognition "note: issue a warning stating that launch mode has been disabled due to low battery temperature"
    or
    email serviceNA[at]teslamotors[dot]com, eg (not sure this will parse here...): mailto:[email protected]?subject="My Tesla is awesome, and I believe you can make it even better by ..."