Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch Mode on the X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the difference between launch mode and just having the ludicrous/insane setting on? My next question leads to does the P90D without ludicrous have launch mode?

I think all P90D's have launch mode, without Ludicrous you have "insane" mode.

From a complete stop in "Drive": with steering wheel straight, Floor + hold down the brake, Floor the accelerator, release the accelerator (display will show "launch mode enabled", within 8 seconds press the accelerator to preload motor torque, within 4 seconds release the brake: ZOOM!

Peter+

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
On the Launch Mode issue----I've tried several times to engage Launch Mode by following the owner's manual's directions (a couple of times while Max Power was still warming up and a couple of times when Max Power was fully operational). The only instrument panel indicator that appears is "Both pedals pressed" or something like that. No appearance of a "Launch Mode" indicator anywhere. Anyone know what gives?

Thanks!

On the Launch Mode issue----I've tried several times to engage Launch Mode by following the owner's manual's directions (a couple of times while Max Power was still warming up and a couple of times when Max Power was fully operational). The only instrument panel indicator that appears is "Both pedals pressed" or something like that. No appearance of a "Launch Mode" indicator anywhere. Anyone know what gives?

Thanks!

do you have Ludicrous?

i have just insane and i get the same message...

Wow...Tried Launch Mode the first time today...
I literally felt the blood rushing from my brain during the acceleration
I would suggest not using this mode when transporting people with heart conditions...:rolleyes:
I may be the one with heart condition, so have not tried it even before hearing your recommendation....everyday Lud mode is enough at the moment, but my time will come.