Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lawrence Service Centre - Toronto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question for those that had their cars serviced at the Lawrence location. I was told by Tesla that they only schedule appointments on weekdays and that they don't schedule appointments on weekends.

Can anyone confirm if that is true? I find it hard to believe that they aren't open on weekends.

Thanks

Toronto-Lawrence Avenue
  • Store
  • Service Center
  • Supercharger
1325 Lawrence Ave EastToronto, M3A 1C6

Our showroom is located near Esso and Tim Hortons and the cross-street of Lawrence East and Don Valley Parkway.

Driving DirectionsStore (647) 260-1794
Service (647) 260-1794
Roadside Assistance (877) 798-3752
Email
[email protected]
[email protected]

Store Hours
Monday - Thursday 09:00am - 9:00pm
Friday 9:00am - 9:00pm
Saturday - Sunday 10:00am - 6:00pm

Service Hours
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm
Saturday 8:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday closed

That's directly from Tesla's website for the store. Toronto-Lawrence Avenue | Tesla Canada

Take it for what you will....

Quick question for those that had their cars serviced at the Lawrence location. I was told by Tesla that they only schedule appointments on weekdays and that they don't schedule appointments on weekends.

Can anyone confirm if that is true? I find it hard to believe that they aren't open on weekends.

Thanks

I don't know why they'd lie? Most car dealerships only do basic maintenance on Saturday and close Sunday, that's been my experience anyway, which includes things like oil changes etc.. Since Tesla doesn't need though, I'm guessing that explains the difference.

I had an issue a couple of weeks ago on a Friday night where my Model S' trunk wouldn't latch. I was hoping that they would come out to my home but they said that I would have to come in on the Saturday and they were available for drop-ins. Don't know if they also take appointments but they were able to get to me immediately - and luckily my trunk didn't fly open.

I had an issue a couple of weeks ago on a Friday night where my Model S' trunk wouldn't latch. I was hoping that they would come out to my home but they said that I would have to come in on the Saturday and they were available for drop-ins. Don't know if they also take appointments but they were able to get to me immediately - and luckily my trunk didn't fly open.
Did they tell you what happened or was it part failure over time?

They said that they had to replace the latching mechanism as it has failed. I am not sure why that happened as I don't use my trunk that regularly - like once or twice per week. And I don't drive a lot - my car is over 3.5 years old and I am only at 42,000 km.

They said that they had to replace the latching mechanism as it has failed. I am not sure why that happened as I don't use my trunk that regularly - like once or twice per week. And I don't drive a lot - my car is over 3.5 years old and I am only at 42,000 km.
Have you had any other issues over the 3.5 years? Just wondering what I might be able to expect in terms of maintenance.

The only other issues that I have had is that two of the door handles have failed to present and their motors or some other part had to be replaced. But I have been pretty lucky, some friends have had much worse experience - especially those with the Model X.
I had Tesla do the annual maintenance when the car was a year old, but I haven't bothered since then. I guess the main worry would be the breaks but hopefully those don't get too much wear thanks to using regenerative braking.

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon3
The only other issues that I have had is that two of the door handles have failed to present and their motors or some other part had to be replaced. But I have been pretty lucky, some friends have had much worse experience - especially those with the Model X.
I had Tesla do the annual maintenance when the car was a year old, but I haven't bothered since then. I guess the main worry would be the breaks but hopefully those don't get too much wear thanks to using regenerative braking.
The service tech told me that Tesla has made improvements to their model S and X over time and the internal works have change dramatically and they have seen a decrease in the number of service calls. Also, the model 3 is way simpler in design so hopefully less issues. For the annual maintenance, is that something that is included or do I have to purchase a special package? I haven't seen anything in my Tesla account regarding maintenance.

For the annual maintenance, is that something that is included or do I have to purchase a special package? I haven't seen anything in my Tesla account regarding maintenance.

You can pay for Annual Maintenance each time you go in, or pre-pay for a package that saves you a bit of money. Details on your "My Tesla" page after you log in.

Good question. I guess they just haven't gotten around to developing it yet.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was talking to another owner where Tesla messed up the delivery date for his model 3 and they gave him 1 year maintenance package for free. He said suggested cost was $600. Hopefully it's not that much for the model 3 when they do roll it out b/c that is expensive.

I was talking to another owner where Tesla messed up the delivery date for his model 3 and they gave him 1 year maintenance package for free. He said suggested cost was $600. Hopefully it's not that much for the model 3 when they do roll it out b/c that is expensive.
I think $600 is the cost for the Model S. It will be interesting to see if they differentiate between Model S/X and Model 3 on service levels, like free loaners, etc.