Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LDCRS vs Tesla Shields Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like there is a new company that have similar style floor mats to the LDCRS ones by a company named Tesla Shields. They have a May delivery for the 2021 models and I’m thinking about going for these since LDCRS told me directly on Wednesday 5/5/21 that the ‘21 version will be a few more months to get them produced after testing however there is a thread on here and LDCRS says it will be ready in 2 weeks which conflicts with what they told me. Does anyone have the Tesla Shields mats that can speak on their quality?

Reactions: whisperingshad
From the pictures I’ve seen, all the different vendor products look extremely similar. I went with the Teslashields MY2021 mainly due to price and supposedly earlier delivery date for the 2021 version. Even though the date got pushed back, the owner Jason has been super responsive over email and answered a few Q’s for me. Seems like he will stand behind the product, will share more once I receive the mats.

Reactions: Ron_M3
Its on a ship still
I guess when their website says "in stock" that means on a ship:)

Reactions: whisperingshad
I guess when their website says "in stock" that means on a ship:)

1621891280558.png

Hey all,

One of the Teslashields dudes here.

As whisperingshad pointed out, the arrival date countdown was added to the top of our website, and the time is updated to the best of our knowledge regarding when the ship arrives in the US. We are being told it will land in LA on June 10th, barring any issues with the port or the ship.

As you may have noticed, pre-order "round 2" prices were lowered to $99.99 for all floor mats except the model Y 7 seater. This is partially due to us getting rid of the X%+ off coupons for all preorders. Jason has a thing for discount codes, I don't personally get it. You should see the amount of coupon codes he had on our back end. Pages and pages! I figure it is better to just tell people up front what the cost is without hoops to jump through or need to have a check out code.

From now on, we are going to start with a base price and adjust it up towards retail as we reach production milestones with preorders that do not fully sell out at $99.99.
For example, $99.99 at preproduction, $109.99 during production. $129.99 after they're shipped from factory, etc.
This properly gives a solid value to all customers, rewards early buyers with better deals and still incentivizes people to preorder along the whole process to account for the time that will be needed to arrive from order date. Due to the unintentional delays our original preorder customers went through, you can email us at [email protected]. If you are an early phase-1 pre-order customer and your cost was significantly higher than the $99.99 price, we'll set you up with a Tesla Shields gift card for the difference if that's cool.

We will continuing using coupons from time to time on our retail priced stuff, which will come and go at random times or holidays, but I am shutting down the "FOREVER SALES" New York electronics store thing that we seemed to have.

In other news: I got an email last night saying our trunk and frunk mats are wrapping up production, and its going to be the same process with the floor mats. I am working on getting them shipped asap.

Oh and last thing: We have a design for what I call "the monster trunk mat" that is in final stages thanks to the help of a friend. Some of you know that I have been discussing this concept for a few months. This mat will be a single piece that connects both the trunk and back seat with a single cover. We had to use different materials due to the complexity of making a jointed mat with material like our floor mats, but I hope to make one like that when I can afford to research it with higher-precision scanning equipment in the near future.

Last edited:
Hey all,

As whisperingshad pointed out, the arrival date countdown was added to the top of our website, and the time is updated to the best of our knowledge regarding when the ship arrives in the US. We are being told it will land in LA on June 10th, barring any issues with the port or the ship.

As you may have noticed, pre-order "round 2" prices were lowered to $99.99 for all floor mats except the model Y 7 seater. This is partially due to us getting rid of the X%+ off coupons for all preorders. Jason has a thing for discount codes, I don't personally get it. You should see the amount of coupon codes he had on our back end. Pages and pages! I figure it is better to just tell people up front what the cost is without hoops to jump through or need to have a check out code.

From now on, we are going to start with a base price and adjust it up towards retail as we reach production milestones with preorders that do not fully sell out at $99.99.
For example, $99.99 at preproduction, $109.99 during production. $129.99 after they're shipped from factory, etc.
This properly gives a solid value to all customers, rewards early buyers with better deals and still incentivizes people to preorder along the whole process to account for the time that will be needed to arrive from order date. Due to the unintentional delays our original preorder customers went through, you can email us at [email protected]. If you are an early phase-1 pre-order customer and your cost was significantly higher than the $99.99 price, we'll set you up with a Tesla Shields gift card for the difference if that's cool.

We will continuing using coupons from time to time on our retail priced stuff, which will come and go at random times or holidays, but I am shutting down the "FOREVER SALES" New York electronics store thing that we seemed to have.

In other news: I got an email last night saying our trunk and frunk mats are wrapping up production, and its going to be the same process with the floor mats. I am working on getting them shipped asap.

Oh and last thing: We have a design for what I call "the monster trunk mat" that is in final stages thanks to the help of a friend. Some of you know that I have been discussing this concept for a few months. This mat will be a single piece that connects both the trunk and back seat with a single cover. We had to use different materials due to the complexity of making a jointed mat with material like our floor mats, but I hope to make one like that when I can afford to research it with higher-precision scanning equipment in the near future.
Email sent

Reactions: TShieldDesigns
Hey all,

I sent an email requesting the refund and got the following reply, which seems completely opposite to what was stated in your post @TShieldDesigns

Hi
your product was for the May ship (which already shipped) which is not covered. Wave II pre order is covered because it is shipping in august.

Thanks,
Jason
Co-founder

Reactions: Noigle
I sent an email requesting the refund and got the following reply, which seems completely opposite to what was stated in your post @TShieldDesigns

Hi
your product was for the May ship (which already shipped) which is not covered. Wave II pre order is covered because it is shipping in august.

Thanks,
Jason
Co-founder
As far as Tesla Shield is concerned "shipped" means on a boat leaving China. That first wave of orders won't even get to LA for 2 weeks and then Tesla Shield has to re-package and send out. I'm not aware of any other internet vendor using this definition for "shipped".

Here's what they told me yesterday about my May 7 order (for which they have been paid):

Your order has already shipped a couple of weeks ago and is slated to land on June 10th. Once it lands, it will be transported to our processing facility where it will then be individually packaged and sent out for delivery.