Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LDCRS vs Tesla Shields Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@TShieldDesigns Just found out about you guys. I'm thinking of placing an order but just wanted to know what is the ETA for delivery to Oregon. I'm guessing there won't be a long wait since the ship already arrived, but your delivery track record is not the best (even though you had your reasons).

I see that on Amazon you are out-of-stock, but your website still lists 22 left. Given that you had lots of problems with the website and the person who manages it, I'm having second thought about placing the order there. Is there any chance to place the order through Amazon?
I didn't know they were offered on Amazon - can you share the link? At least through Amazon the refund (if necessary) will be processed quickly.

We sold out on amazon months ago so
It won’t be available on there for the next week or so
Sorry all, this is incorrect. We are not in a position to claim dates for amazon. Jason, is being too "optimistic". If it turns out to be 2+ weeks or something even if it was supposed to be 1 week, that looks bad on us and has been an issue with past communications. If anyone sees a date or promise that looks too good to be true, please contact me directly for clarification. I will be the first to relay dates and expectation windows on here since I get direct information from our logistics network.

Last edited:
Sorry all, this is incorrect. We are not in a position to claim dates for amazon. Jason, is being too "optimistic". If it turns out to be 2+ weeks or something even if it was supposed to be 1 week, that looks bad on us and has been an issue with past communications. If anyone sees a date or promise that looks too good to be true, please contact me directly for clarification. I will be the first to relay dates and expectation windows on here since I get direct information from our logistics network.
Poor Jason - gets thrown under the bus again. How about a progress update - the container has landed by now (I assume) - are the goods out of customs and on their way to SLC?

• Funny
Reactions: TShieldDesigns
Poor Jason - gets thrown under the bus again. How about a progress update - the container has landed by now (I assume) - are the goods out of customs and on their way to SLC?
Haha Jason's fine, but man does he love giving everyone very optimistic timelines on TMC! We have to be better at the "under promise, over deliver" thing. It's how we make sure people don't get disheartened by even minor delays.
Ship arrived at port on the 12th. Waiting for everything to get processed through the port/customs then on to our LA temporary warehouse where it will be picked up and transported to SLC. We wanted to release some of the products in LA, but I only had 4-5 people actually show interest and decided it would be better to focus on getting this stuff out to everyone asap and focusing on fulfillment.

Once the goods hit SLC, I will be flying in to work with the fulfillment company to ensure everything goes smoothly.
So far, so good!

EDIT: As of this morning, our shipment has started being processed by customs. Fingers crossed they don't get too excited and want to inspect every mat.

Last edited:
Reactions: whisperingshad
Haha Jason's fine, but man does he love giving everyone very optimistic timelines on TMC! We have to be better at the "under promise, over deliver" thing. It's how we make sure people don't get disheartened by even minor delays.
Ship arrived at port on the 12th. Waiting for everything to get processed through the port/customs then on to our LA temporary warehouse where it will be picked up and transported to SLC. We wanted to release some of the products in LA, but I only had 4-5 people actually show interest and decided it would be better to focus on getting this stuff out to everyone asap and focusing on fulfillment.

Once the goods hit SLC, I will be flying in to work with the fulfillment company to ensure everything goes smoothly.
So far, so good!

EDIT: As of this morning, our shipment has started being processed by customs. Fingers crossed they don't get too excited and want to inspect every mat.
I placed an order yesterday. Am I on this shipment? Haven't really been following

I placed an order yesterday. Am I on this shipment? Haven't really been following
Did you do a preorder?

is preorder for second wave still available? my tesla got delayed...
Yes it should be up. They are now just pre-order or non-preorder versions. We will roll all preorders into the "non-preorder" pile once production starts on the new batch or if we sell out of the limited units we offer for preorder.

Edit: Just noticed how messy the product pages are. Someone deleted the main listings with variations and just spammed individual listings. Gonna go yell at someone about that 😈

Did you do a preorder?

Yes it should be up. They are now just pre-order or non-preorder versions. We will roll all preorders into the "non-preorder" pile once production starts on the new batch or if we sell out of the limited units we offer for preorder.

Edit: Just noticed how messy the product pages are. Someone deleted the main listings with variations and just spammed individual listings. Gonna go yell at someone about that 😈
Oh oh - Jason in trouble again.

Did you do a preorder?

I really want to order your mats but I'm very confused about these pre-order and non-preorder versions. Your website doesn't mention any of the two as an option. Your website also shows that there's inventory left (20 left as of this message, for Model 3 2018), which I assume is part of the shipment that's currently being processed by customs, but you mentioned that the website is known for showing inventory that's not currently available. So I don't know what to believe...

If I place an order right now, even if the website says there are some mats left in inventory, when would I expect the mats to arrive? I don't need precision, but just a rough estimate, please feel free to under-promise. If I place an order today, will I get it in July? August? next year? Will they be part of the current shipment, or will I have to wait for the next shipment for this order to be fulfilled? I just want to make sure that doing business with you is worth it and I won't just lose my money.

I really want to order your mats but I'm very confused about these pre-order and non-preorder versions. Your website doesn't mention any of the two as an option. Your website also shows that there's inventory left (20 left as of this message, for Model 3 2018), which I assume is part of the shipment that's currently being processed by customs, but you mentioned that the website is known for showing inventory that's not currently available. So I don't know what to believe...

If I place an order right now, even if the website says there are some mats left in inventory, when would I expect the mats to arrive? I don't need precision, but just a rough estimate, please feel free to under-promise. If I place an order today, will I get it in July? August? next year? Will they be part of the current shipment, or will I have to wait for the next shipment for this order to be fulfilled? I just want to make sure that doing business with you is worth it and I won't just lose my money.
There is currently nothing in active inventory. Anything that we may have for sale is at the port/customs/etc on it's way to our 3pl. Everything on the site is currently a pre-order for our next production cycle or an offering of the remaining units we will have after fulfilling the preorders from our latest production cycle. I cannot offer a solid date of arrival until the mats at least arrive at our shipper's warehouse. The shipper last estimated arrival to their facility will be in about 4 days but I am going to err on the side of caution and not hold that date as sacrosanct. If you want to hold my feet to fire, I'll say early july will be when we get to a point of the mats being shippable IF the date mentioned by my shipper is remotely accurate.

Really we only have a few more steps to go:
1. Mats arrive at our shipper's warehouse.
2. Mats get thrown haphazardly into an un-marked truck
3. Mats get driven to SLC over a day or two depending on trucker dedication
4. Mats get thrown out of the truck and onto a rack by 3pl
5. Mats get thrown from rack into a box by 3pl
6. Mats thrown into another truck by whichever shipping company.
7. Bada-bing mats are thrown at your doorstep after 2-5 days.

Reactions: tshields
There is currently nothing in active inventory. Anything that we may have for sale is at the port/customs/etc on it's way to our 3pl. Everything on the site is currently a pre-order for our next production cycle or an offering of the remaining units we will have after fulfilling the preorders from our latest production cycle. I cannot offer a solid date of arrival until the mats at least arrive at our shipper's warehouse. The shipper last estimated arrival to their facility will be in about 4 days but I am going to err on the side of caution and not hold that date as sacrosanct. If you want to hold my feet to fire, I'll say early july will be when we get to a point of the mats being shippable IF the date mentioned by my shipper is remotely accurate.

FYI our 3PL uses FedEx

Thanks for the update. Just to refresh my memory where does my May 7 order (order #1390) - I've assumed all along it was going to be part of the shipment discussed above - correct?

Just to let everyone know we have just sold out of model y revised seat mounts and model y 7 seater first two rows. This does not affect anyone that has already placed their order. If you are interested in those mats and have not placed your order, we have the next wave shipment available starting at $99 and the 7 seater starting at $159!

Just to let everyone know we have just sold out of model y revised seat mounts and model y 7 seater first two rows. This does not affect anyone that has already placed their order. If you are interested in those mats and have not placed your order, we have the next wave shipment available starting at $99 and the 7 seater starting at $159!
Any update on the trunk/frunk mats for 7 seaters and the plans for them? I got them preordered as well wanted to see what's the situation with them.

I ordered back in January, I think it was. At that time we were told we'd receive the mats in March, if I remember correctly.

Now we're looking at July?

There have been many times when I tired of the reasons (excuses) for why the mats were delayed and I considered asking for a refund. At this point, however, it's been such a ride that I'm staying in. The way I see it, if this does turn out to be a scam, it's been a fun one. Factory delays, measurement errors, shipping delays, customs, car crashes - it's had everything. I'm waiting now to see if the building collapse in Miami (God bless them) destroyed all the shipping records.

If I do get the mats, then I hope I like them and if the orders are satisfied, then good luck in your future business. I hope the process gets smoother because I have to say, this is a sucky business model. Most times when I order something, my credit card is not charged until the item ships. I know it's considered "normal" for some businesses to sell items they don't have, pre-charge the credit cards, and use the money paid to produce the items for delivery. I guess the process is usually invisible, because my credit card is charged and a week later I get the item. But seven months? I think if I had started paddling my kayak to China I would have gotten my mats and been back before now.

I ordered back in January, I think it was. At that time we were told we'd receive the mats in March, if I remember correctly.

Now we're looking at July?

There have been many times when I tired of the reasons (excuses) for why the mats were delayed and I considered asking for a refund. At this point, however, it's been such a ride that I'm staying in. The way I see it, if this does turn out to be a scam, it's been a fun one. Factory delays, measurement errors, shipping delays, customs, car crashes - it's had everything. I'm waiting now to see if the building collapse in Miami (God bless them) destroyed all the shipping records.

If I do get the mats, then I hope I like them and if the orders are satisfied, then good luck in your future business. I hope the process gets smoother because I have to say, this is a sucky business model. Most times when I order something, my credit card is not charged until the item ships. I know it's considered "normal" for some businesses to sell items they don't have, pre-charge the credit cards, and use the money paid to produce the items for delivery. I guess the process is usually invisible, because my credit card is charged and a week later I get the item. But seven months? I think if I had started paddling my kayak to China I would have gotten my mats and been back before now.
I can see the frustration but I can tell you there are lots of companies out there that charge you upfront no matter what. For example, Modern Spare, ordered last month in May, nothing ship yet they said shipping in mid July, charged me immediately in May. Let's see, Covercraft, order the windshield shade two weeks ago, haven't shipped yet saying shipping end of July, immediately charged me. Let's not talk about Tesla's own FSD $10,000, you're buying the future that doesn't really exists yet especially for my new 2021 MY with only Camera Vision with limited capability. You think Tesla going to charge me AFTER they deliver FSD? But that's why you pay with a credit card on most places to protect yourself. With that being said, I'm contemplating on cancelling the 7 seater trunk mat/frunk mat preorder I have in place. I'm not sure I want to wait until end of year or maybe next year to get something. But I am sticking it out for the regular mats. But I just want to make sure people understand prepayment does exists in the marketplace not defending TShields in any way but to bring out the facts.

Last edited:
Reactions: whisperingshad
Any update on the trunk/frunk mats for 7 seaters and the plans for them? I got them preordered as well wanted to see what's the situation with them.
The frunk mat is straight forward. The 7-seater trunk mat is also technically just a cut-down 5 seater version. We can do those pretty much immediately production-wise. I'm working to design a full trunk/3rd row setup and I am pretty sure I've finalized how I want to achieve that.

The set will consist of 3 parts:
Frunk mat
Trunk mat
3rd row Seatback replacement that is finished in our all-weather material instead of that felt that tesla uses.

If you guys just want me to do a cut-down 5 seater version up front until I can get production started on the seatback replacement, I'm down for that!