Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LDCRS vs Tesla Shields Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In a Ponzi Scheme, you have to reward the early investors by paying extraordinary dividends. Maybe there are some, and the early guys will get them.

But as I said before, it's been a kind of fun ride. Either it ends with floor mats (that, no matter how good they are, don't justify waiting eight months for the damned things) or it ends with us saying, "How could we have been so stupid?" I have not talked yet with my credit card company, but I think if I say the charge ended up being wrong, they'll refund my money. Right?

Ever trying to see the good in everyone, I remain optimistic. If I tried to start a new business, knowing nothing about business, I'm sure I would have a lot of mis-steps along the way, too.
Honestly if I wanted a run a ponzi scheme, it wouldn't be one where our upside is at max $60k in gross funds after months of work split between 2 people (assuming we bought zero inventory, and less if we bought any "early guys" inventory) and everyone having total ability to refund or file a chargeback that would leave us with nothing. We also have advertising and all the time on here posting and stuff. Hell, at this point, I kinda get why people rather start ponzi schemes than actual businesses. All this work and time and people still give you the same hassle as if you went and bought a yacht with their grandma's credit card.

Pretty sure we'd have just, idk, told people we were starting a cryptocoin with Mark Cuban backing us or something. We didn't even do a kickstarter scam where we ask for $200k for some crazy invention that wouldn't work in real life.

-Posted from my ponzi yacht

• Love
Reactions: tshields
I understand your frustration, and I apologize for my complaining. I look forward to receiving the floor mats, and wish you the very best in your business venture. If they (the floor mats) are as you have described, I think you'll end up with a successful business after you get your supply chain running efficiently.
Thank you for understanding! Now that all the molds are done and the process is in place, future orders should go pretty quickly.

Last edited:
I wanted to give some folks here some insight. New manufacturers to the market for floor mats and other accessories take time and commitment to make sure the products that they're delivering are up to their standards. Shipping overall across the board has been a nightmare for everyone. I'm sure the folks at TShields want to get our orders all out asap. Let's try to a be a bit more patient :)

I wanted to give some folks here some insight. New manufacturers to the market for floor mats and other accessories take time and commitment to make sure the products that they're delivering are up to their standards. Shipping overall across the board has been a nightmare for everyone. I'm sure the folks at TShields want to get our orders all out asap. Let's try to a be a bit more patient :)
I'd be more inclined to be patient if their website hadn't been so misleading. When I ordered on May 7, the website said the product was in stock and that there were only X number of units available...when in fact there were no units available and they were still in manufacturing in China. Their time and commitment would have better spent elsewhere like cleaning up their website - 75 days and counting.

Reactions: temptingtime
I'd be more inclined to be patient if their website hadn't been so misleading. When I ordered on May 7, the website said the product was in stock and that there were only X number of units available...when in fact there were no units available and they were still in manufacturing in China. Their time and commitment would have better spent elsewhere like cleaning up their website - 75 days and counting.
If you read the description it would’ve explained.

I'd be more inclined to be patient if their website hadn't been so misleading. When I ordered on May 7, the website said the product was in stock and that there were only X number of units available...when in fact there were no units available and they were still in manufacturing in China. Their time and commitment would have better spent elsewhere like cleaning up their website - 75 days and counting
we have also sent weekly and bi weekly email updates updating all of our customers along the process…

Actually I 100% agree with your assessment of the site. I personally think it's terrible, especially when compared to a number of other sites in the tesla space. It's design/content/UX makes zero sense to me and I've been very vocal about making changes. I wish I could tell you that they're working on it (maybe they are?), but AFAIK every request I've made for changes have been ignored, delayed or denied. I've been getting the "we're working on it, be patient (go away)" runaround for months. Since no one is technically getting paid to run it, I guess I understand the lack of urgency with responding to my requests.

I previously figured out how to login and made some changes (MUTINY!) a few times but was immediately met with very alarmist texts/emails that basically told me I am going to kill the website (you're making me look bad) and to let them handle it (go away), followed by the site being reverted and getting logged out. I think the consensus is that "If it ain't broke (generating sales), don't mess with it (make sure our customers are well informed)" and the boilerplate "trust the experts (go away)" which is fair since I never ran a website before (I'm more of an amazon guy). 🤷‍♂️

On the plus side, the website is technically free as it's being managed as a favor. 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Great, hopefully people can start chiming in that they received their order and take pictures of the fitments. Sorry but very skeptical and would really want to see people receiving an order prior to placing my order.

Attachments

• 033B2095-063D-4CD9-88E4-DF6369A7C8EF.png
    033B2095-063D-4CD9-88E4-DF6369A7C8EF.png
    509.9 KB · Views: 72
Ordered Feb 16th, nothing has shown as shipped, was told originally April, then June now its near the end of July. If they don’t show up by August first I will be doing a charge back as I have waiting long enough. I was told last week that the would be ship last week, then I received a new order number and it has been stuck there for the past week and I should get a tracking number that day or in the next couple of days. I HAVE GOTTEN NOTHING.