Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LEADERBOARD for $1000 Referral Model S Incentive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
North America Leaderboard (2-way tie for third):
14. Ean (Earned the PowerWall)
11. Thomas106 (me!)
6. Jerry
6. Edward

Asia/Pacific Leaderboard (2-way tie for third):
28. Wei (Earned the PowerWall)
17. Hungyip
5. Jun
5. 14594

Europe Leaderboard (2-way tie for third:
21. Bjrn (Earned the PowerWall)
8. JimRoger
7. Espen
7. Oliver

Very little movement today perhaps with the recall taking all the attention. Thomas106, Bjrn, HungYip moving one, but Oliver getting two to join the leaders. Welcome Oliver!

North America Leaderboard:
11. Thomas106 (me!)
7. Jerry

Asia/Pacific Leaderboard (2-way tie for third):
33. Wei (Earned the PowerWall)
18. Hungyip
5. Jun
5. 14594

Europe Leaderboard (3-way tie for third:
22. Bjrn (Earned the PowerWall)
8. JimRoger
7. Espen
7. Oliver
7. Else

Updated 11/21/2015 - Wei is on fire again with 5 new referrals. Bjrn, HungYip, Jerry, Else moving up one to put Else on the Leaderboard. Welcome Else!

11. Thomas106 (me!)
8. Sylvain

Asia/Pacific Leaderboard
(3-way tie for third):
36. Wei (Earned the PowerWall)
18. Hungyip
6. Jun
6. Miha
6. Ruijia

Europe Leaderboard
(2-way tie for second):
23. Bjrn (Earned the PowerWall)
11. Else
8. JimRoger
8. Oliver

Updated 11/23/2015 - In NA, we have Sylvain springing from nowhere onto the leaderboard--welcome. Wei received 3 today, Else received 4, Oliver received 1. Bjrn, Thomas, Hungyip, and JimRoger struck out. Also welcome to Miha and Ruijia to the A/P leaderboard. Big shakeup today.

Thanks Thomas!

But, I'm not coming from nowhere ... I was at 6 referals, but since there is many at that level, you did not see me! :)

We have a 2-5% price increase coming this week in Canada, because our currency is quite beaten compared to the US dollars. This week-end I warned a bunch of friends who wanted to buy a Tesla (some I tried to convince since about a year). By placing their deposit now, they have the warranty to keep the actual price, even if they receive the car next year.

I have one or two who should move today ... I hope to get at 10 at least, so I will be invited for the Model 3 event!

This thread is a lot of fun to watch. I am curious, how much TIME do each of you put into finding referrals? I don't have enough friends, let alone ones who can afford a Tesla, to even scratch the effort you seem to be putting into this. Congrats to all!

Thanks Thomas!

But, I'm not coming from nowhere ... I was at 6 referals, but since there is many at that level, you did not see me! :)

We have a 2-5% price increase coming this week in Canada, because our currency is quite beaten compared to the US dollars. This week-end I warned a bunch of friends who wanted to buy a Tesla (some I tried to convince since about a year). By placing their deposit now, they have the warranty to keep the actual price, even if they receive the car next year.

I have one or two who should move today ... I hope to get at 10 at least, so I will be invited for the Model 3 event!

Looks like you just made it to 10 Congrats just now!!!! I will see you at the Model 3 event.

I have been told that my Model X reservation will be upgraded to Founders so that I can configure. I was disappointed that I couldn't use my referral credit from last time for the Model X purchase. How are you spending yours?

- - - Updated - - -

11. Thomas106 (me!)
10. Sylvain

Asia/Pacific Leaderboard
(2-way tie for third):
38. Wei (Earned the PowerWall)
18. Hungyip
6. Jun
6. Ruijia

Europe Leaderboard
(2-way tie for third):
25. Bjrn (Earned the PowerWall)
11. Else
10. MisterGreen
10. Oliver

Updated 11/24/2015 - In NA, we have Sylvain adding two referrals today with no other movement. In EP, Bjrn and Oliver also added two, and we welcome MisterGreen to the leaderboard for the first time. In A/P, Wei also added two with no other movement. Two referrals today was the most anyone received.

Looks like you just made it to 10 Congrats just now!!!! I will see you at the Model 3 event.

I have been told that my Model X reservation will be upgraded to Founders so that I can configure. I was disappointed that I couldn't use my referral credit from last time for the Model X purchase. How are you spending yours?

- - - Updated - - -

11. Thomas106 (me!)
10. Sylvain

Asia/Pacific Leaderboard
(2-way tie for third):
38. Wei (Earned the PowerWall)
18. Hungyip
6. Jun
6. Ruijia

Europe Leaderboard
(2-way tie for third):
25. Bjrn (Earned the PowerWall)
11. Else
10. MisterGreen
10. Oliver

Updated 11/24/2015 - In NA, we have Sylvain adding two referrals today with no other movement. In EP, Bjrn and Oliver also added two, and we welcome MisterGreen to the leaderboard for the first time. In A/P, Wei also added two with no other movement. Two referrals today was the most anyone received.

That will be a pleasure to meet you there Thomas!
I learned a few weeks ago that I could not use my credits from the first referral program to buy my Founder's edition Model X. I won't buy another Model S either.

So I got inspired by the great Bjørn ... it's so incredible what he does for the EV cause. He bought like 60 CHAdeMO adapters with his credits (he got much more than I) and he distributed it for free all over Norway and through Tesla Clubs.

It happens that in Quebec, we are VERY poorly covered with Superchargers. In fact, we have only one in Drummondville (8 stalls) ... Okay, lets say 1.5 Superchargers by including the 2 stalls in Montreal (which are ALLWAYS occupied).

This is really, really a problem when I'm trying to convince potential new Tesla buyers ... Quebec is a very big province.

Now, we have a very good coverage with DCQC chargers (CHAdeMO and Combo). They are all 50 kW and they are deployed along corridors between main routes and highways. They are deployed by our state owned utility (Hydro-Quebec). We're already at 25 DCQC's and about 3 DCQC'S are added each month. But to use them, you need the CHAdeMO adapter of course.

The problem is that the new Tesla owners are not «early adopters or techies» anymore ... it's the average guy or girls. Believe it or not, I got calls from Tesla owner's stranded at DCQC stations, and not being able to charge (I'm a well known EV advocate in Quebec, and guess who's called on sunday's when nobody answers?). They were trying to use their J1772 adapters to connect to a Combo/ CCS connector!! Of course they did not have a CHAdeMO adaptor with them, and they did not know it was optional! They were extremely deceived when they discovered that they had to use a nearby 30 Amps L2 charger with their J1772 and only get 16 miles per hour!

I am a co-founder of Club Tesla Quebec, so I decided to give out a bunch of CHAdeMO adaptors to the Club, which arestrategically deployed over Quebec's province and lend them for free to Club Members. I also decided to offer CHAdeMO adaptors for free, to people I convince to buy a Tesla and who needs it ... and for some it's a decision-maker. They have to come over to my office with their brand new Tesla and accept a basic 101 charging course by me! Like Bjørn, I got those credits from those who wanted to say thank to me for the hundreds of blog posts, hundreds of test-drive ... lets use them to put more EV's in the field ... anyway, if I don't use it I will loose the credits by december 2016.

I also hope that my actions will wake up Tesla and that they will install 5-6 Superchargers in Quebec quickly. There are almost 1000 Tesla owners in Quebec and it's nosense that we must pay 16 cents a minute to use CHAdeMO DCQC instead of free and much faster Superchargers! The Club Tesla Quebec is working closely with Tesla's Supercharging team since over a year, and we keep collaborating with them.

For my Founder's X, I got another call from the Inside Sales person at Tesla and I should be able to config tomorrow! Can't wait!!

I learned a few weeks ago that I could not use my credits from the first referral program to buy my Founder's edition Model X. I won't buy another Model S either.

So I got inspired by the great Bjørn ... it's so incredible what he does for the EV cause. He bought like 60 CHAdeMO adapters with his credits (he got much more than I) and he distributed it for free all over Norway and through Tesla Clubs.

It happens that in Quebec, we are VERY poorly covered with Superchargers. In fact, we have only one in Drummondville (8 stalls) ... Okay, lets say 1.5 Superchargers by including the 2 stalls in Montreal (which are ALLWAYS occupied).

This is really, really a problem when I'm trying to convince potential new Tesla buyers ... Quebec is a very big province.

Now, we have a very good coverage with DCQC chargers (CHAdeMO and Combo). They are all 50 kW and they are deployed along corridors between main routes and highways. They are deployed by our state owned utility (Hydro-Quebec). We're already at 25 DCQC's and about 3 DCQC'S are added each month. But to use them, you need the CHAdeMO adapter of course.

The problem is that the new Tesla owners are not «early adopters or techies» anymore ... it's the average guy or girls. Believe it or not, I got calls from Tesla owner's stranded at DCQC stations, and not being able to charge (I'm a well known EV advocate in Quebec, and guess who's called on sunday's when nobody answers?). They were trying to use their J1772 adapters to connect to a Combo/ CCS connector!! Of course they did not have a CHAdeMO adaptor with them, and they did not know it was optional! They were extremely deceived when they discovered that they had to use a nearby 30 Amps L2 charger with their J1772 and only get 16 miles per hour!

I am a co-founder of Club Tesla Quebec, so I decided to give out a bunch of CHAdeMO adaptors to the Club, which arestrategically deployed over Quebec's province and lend them for free to Club Members. I also decided to offer CHAdeMO adaptors for free, to people I convince to buy a Tesla and who needs it ... and for some it's a decision-maker. They have to come over to my office with their brand new Tesla and accept a basic 101 charging course by me! Like Bjørn, I got those credits from those who wanted to say thank to me for the hundreds of blog posts, hundreds of test-drive ... lets use them to put more EV's in the field ... anyway, if I don't use it I will loose the credits by december 2016.

I also hope that my actions will wake up Tesla and that they will install 5-6 Superchargers in Quebec quickly. There are almost 1000 Tesla owners in Quebec and it's nosense that we must pay 16 cents a minute to use CHAdeMO DCQC instead of free and much faster Superchargers! The Club Tesla Quebec is working closely with Tesla's Supercharging team since over a year, and we keep collaborating with them.

For my Founder's X, I got another call from the Inside Sales person at Tesla and I should be able to config tomorrow! Can't wait!!

More power to you! I left Montreal less than a year ago, and am applauding your efforts to shoehorn Teslas in that market. We shall prevail! Am going to sign up to Tesla Club Québec and help from afar, and make sure that when I come back, my Model 3DL will be fully supported by the charging infrastructure!

Wow, great solution.

I guess I am spoiled with Supercharging 5 minutes away at the mall in Colorado. There is a great network here so my trips to the mountains are covered too with Supercharging 5 minutes from where we stay there. I bought a S70D with my referrals since my wife took my S85D a week after it arrived last year.

I am going to get the FX90D, but probably will not keep it. That said, my wife may grow attached to it. We are very excited to try it out in any event and will decide then what we like more her S85D or the FX90D.

Last edited:
Wow, great solution.

I guess I am spoiled with Supercharging 5 minutes away at the mall in Colorado. There is a great network here so my trips to the mountains are covered too with Supercharging 5 minutes from where we stay there. I bought a S70D with my referrals since my wife took my S85D a week after it arrived last year.

I am going to get the FX90D, but probably will not keep it. That said, my wife may grow attached to it. We are very excited to try it out in any event and will decide then what we like more her S85D or the FX90D.

Talk about an embarrassment of riches! Good for you guys!
If I did not have the Model S, I probably would not have a car at all. I do not really need it where I am. The problem was the "want".
So. Much. Want.

12. Sylvain
11. Thomas106 (me!)

Asia/Pacific Leaderboard
:
41. Wei (Earned the PowerWall)
21. Hungyip
8. Jun

Europe Leaderboard
(3-way tie for second):
26. Bjrn (Earned the PowerWall)
11. Else
11. JimRoger
11. Oliver
10. MisterGreen

Updated 11/24/2015 - In NA, we have Sylvain adding two referrals again today with no other movement. In EP, Bjrn and Oliver added one and JimRoger added two. In A/P, Wei and Hungyip also added three with Jun adding two--well done in A/P. Looks like the action is in A/P and Canada with Sylvain.

13. Sylvain
11. Thomas106 (me!)

Asia/Pacific Leaderboard
:
45. Wei (Earned the PowerWall)
22. Hungyip
8. Jun

Europe Leaderboard
(4-way tie for third):
31. Bjrn (Earned the PowerWall)
14. JimRoger
11. Oliver
11. Else
11. MisterGreen
11. New

Updated 11/26/2015 - In NA, we have Sylvain adding another referral again today with no other movement, but he might overtake the lead soon. In EP, Bjrn adding 5 today and JimRoger added 3 and New hitting the leaderboard for the first time. In A/P, Wei adding 4 and Hungyip adding one. Wei and Bjrn are "on-fire" now lapping the field.

Last edited:
North America Leaderboard (2-way tie for first):
14. Sylvain
11. Thomas106 (me!)
10. Eric

Asia/Pacific Leaderboard
:
45. Wei (Earned the PowerWall)
22. Hungyip
8. Jun

Europe Leaderboard
:
31. Bjrn (Earned the PowerWall)
14. JimRoger
13. Oliver

Updated 11/27/2015 - In NA, we have Sylvain adding another referral again today to tie for the lead with Ean, and we welcome Eric to the leaderboard. In EP, Bjrn adding 3 today and Oliver adding 2 to secure third place. In A/P, Wei adding 1 with no other movement on the leaderboard. Wei and Bjrn are still lapping the field and Sylvain poised to dethrone Ean who hasn't had a referral in weeks.

North America Leaderboard (2-way tie for first):
14. Sylvain
11. Thomas106 (me!)
10. Eric

Asia/Pacific Leaderboard
:
49. Wei (Earned the PowerWall)
22. Hungyip
8. Jun

Europe Leaderboard
:
36. Bjrn (Earned the PowerWall)
14. JimRoger
13. Oliver

Updated 11/28/2015 - In NA, we no movement on the leaderboard. In EP, Bjrn adding 5 today with no other movement. In A/P, Wei adding 4 with no other movement on the leaderboard. Wei and Bjrn are still lapping the field and increasing the lead with 4 and 5 referrals today respectively.

20. Sylvain
11. Thomas106 (me!)

Asia/Pacific Leaderboard
(2-way tie for third):
51. Wei (Earned the PowerWall)
27. HungYip (Raymond Wu was winner of last round of program)
10. Jun
10. Ruijia

Europe Leaderboard
:
38. Bjrn (Earned the PowerWall, was winner of last round of program)
15. JimRoger
14. MisterGreen

Updated 11/30/2015 - In NA, Sylvain has sprung to the top of the leaderboard with 6 referrals over the last couple of days. In EP, Bjrn added 2 today along with JimRoger and MisterGreen moving up. In A/P, Wei adding 2, HungYip adding 5, Jun adding 4 and Ruijia joining the leaderboard--welcome Ruijia. HungYip and Sylvain are the big movers on the leaderboard.

Wow, great solution.

Can you give your opinion on whether you find much of a difference between the 70D vs 85D in everyday usage or when going up to the mountain? I'm trying to see if the $10k difference is worth the upgrade. Thank you

Can you give your opinion on whether you find much of a difference between the 70D vs 85D in everyday usage or when going up to the mountain? I'm trying to see if the $10k difference is worth the upgrade. Thank you

My delivery on the 70D isn't until early next year in my estimation. Having a lighter battery, I suspect the elevation will not be such an issue. For a point of reference, from downtown Denver to Silverthorne it is 75 miles and a bunch of elevation change, but a net delta of 4000 ft. My RAV4 EV with a 40KWH battery and horrible aerodynamics could make it no problem if I didn't run the heat. I am looking forward to heat this snowboard season.

My delivery on the 70D isn't until early next year in my estimation. Having a lighter battery, I suspect the elevation will not be such an issue. For a point of reference, from downtown Denver to Silverthorne it is 75 miles and a bunch of elevation change, but a net delta of 4000 ft. My RAV4 EV with a 40KWH battery and horrible aerodynamics could make it no problem if I didn't run the heat. I am looking forward to heat this snowboard season.
Good to know... I actually drove a 70D to Silverthorne about a week ago as part of a test drive and had a little range anxiety because I chose to take US6 instead of I-70 but it actually worked out great and we gained a large amount of energy going back down the mountain. I'm still unsure about whether an 85 is necessary even after reading all sorts of threads on this board. I was hoping since you have both (or I thought you did) that you could give another perspective. I don't need the performance and it seems a steep price increase to gain ~30 miles of range.

I'm glad you'll get heat with the Tesla. :smile:

<Strong>North America Leaderboard</Strong>:
22. Sylvain
12. Thomas106 (me!)

<Strong>Asia/Pacific Leaderboard</Strong> (2-way tie for third):
62. Wei (Earned the PowerWall)
27. HungYip (Raymond Wu was winner of last round of program)
10. Jun
10. Ruijia

<Strong>Europe Leaderboard</Strong>:
38. Bjrn (Earned the PowerWall, was winner of last round of program)
15. MisterGreen
14. JimRoger
14. Oliver

Updated 12/02/2015 - In NA, Sylvain commands the top of the leaderboard adding 2 referrals and Thomas adding one. For EP Bjrn added 4 along with MisterGreen overtaking JimRoger who lost one somehow to tie Oliver in third. In A/P, Wei added 11 and HungYip adding 5. A/P is the area on fire at the moment now with the two top guys receiving 16 referrals--amazing!