Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leak: “every other car off the line is the X”

Lyon

2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D
Dec 26, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
Good article, I hope your estimates are correct. Even if they're off and it's only every third or fourth car off the line that's still a lot of X!

ZachShahan

Dec 3, 2014
Sarasota, FL / Wroclaw, Poland
Good article, I hope your estimates are correct. Even if they're off and it's only every third or fourth car off the line that's still a lot of X!

Agreed. 600-700 seems like a given now. But we'll see soon enough...

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing is solid short of Elon's twit. That being said I think it's 100% true. :smile:

Haha, true. :D

RubberToe

Supporting the greater good
Jun 28, 2012
El Lay
Elon is sending some Holiday good wishes to the other auto makers...

Dinosaur.jpg

Attachments

• Dinosaur.jpg
    Dinosaur.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 126

Twiglett

Single pedal driver
Oct 3, 2014
Austin
Observer: "Hey Elon, who's that short guy that keeps following you around?"
Musk: "Oh, this guy? That's my twit."
Twit frowns and kicks a stone.
Sounds like the "Gabriella awoke with a jerk" thing - for a nice obscure reference there :)

mikevbf

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2012
vermont
Agreed. 600-700 seems like a given now. But we'll see soon enough...

At that rate, they could be through all the Sigs and founders in 2 weeks, 3 weeks max. My guess is their quality control for these first batches will bottleneck the process to a slower rate of actual deliveries, though.

ZachShahan

Dec 3, 2014
At that rate, they could be through all the Sigs and founders in 2 weeks, 3 weeks max. My guess is their quality control for these first batches will bottleneck the process to a slower rate of actual deliveries, though.

Good point. Quite likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Elon is sending some Holiday good wishes to the other auto makers...

View attachment 104786

Haha. Indeed. I often wonder what the execs of those and other auto companies are actually thinking when they see big Tesla news, and what their faces look like.

bwa

Dec 8, 2014
Aptos, Ca
Hey, People

We got a pretty huge leak today, imho. The quote is right there in the title.

I'm obviously not going to say who the source is, but I think it's solid.

Matches well with other leaks/rumors from the past week or two, but a relief to me to see such a strong statement. :D

(Nearly) full details here: CleanTechnica Exclusive: Tesla Model X Production Kicks into High Gear

:D

Excellent leak! Unfortunately, I'm always at a loss of understanding: Is this "every other car" with respect to the line every time a car comes off or "every other car" from the history of the line as of the moment the statement was put into effect? If from history, this means 100% of cars off the line, and if from the line each car, then it self-refers every new car so it means 50% of cars off the line. Kind of a big difference. English is very unspecific at times.

ZachShahan

Dec 3, 2014
Excellent leak! Unfortunately, I'm always at a loss of understanding: Is this "every other car" with respect to the line every time a car comes off or "every other car" from the history of the line as of the moment the statement was put into effect? If from history, this means 100% of cars off the line, and if from the line each car, then it self-refers every new car so it means 50% of cars off the line. Kind of a big difference. English is very unspecific at times.

Not sure if I follow, but the only logical meaning this has to me is:

If 1000 vehicles are produced this week, 500 are Xs.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC