Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leak: “every other car off the line is the X”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good article, I hope your estimates are correct. Even if they're off and it's only every third or fourth car off the line that's still a lot of X!

Agreed. 600-700 seems like a given now. But we'll see soon enough...

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing is solid short of Elon's twit. That being said I think it's 100% true. :smile:

Haha, true. :D

Elon is sending some Holiday good wishes to the other auto makers...

Dinosaur.jpg

Attachments

• Dinosaur.jpg
    Dinosaur.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 166
At that rate, they could be through all the Sigs and founders in 2 weeks, 3 weeks max. My guess is their quality control for these first batches will bottleneck the process to a slower rate of actual deliveries, though.

Good point. Quite likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Elon is sending some Holiday good wishes to the other auto makers...

View attachment 104786

Haha. Indeed. I often wonder what the execs of those and other auto companies are actually thinking when they see big Tesla news, and what their faces look like.

Hey, People

We got a pretty huge leak today, imho. The quote is right there in the title.

I'm obviously not going to say who the source is, but I think it's solid.

Matches well with other leaks/rumors from the past week or two, but a relief to me to see such a strong statement. :D

(Nearly) full details here: CleanTechnica Exclusive: Tesla Model X Production Kicks into High Gear

:D

Excellent leak! Unfortunately, I'm always at a loss of understanding: Is this "every other car" with respect to the line every time a car comes off or "every other car" from the history of the line as of the moment the statement was put into effect? If from history, this means 100% of cars off the line, and if from the line each car, then it self-refers every new car so it means 50% of cars off the line. Kind of a big difference. English is very unspecific at times.

Excellent leak! Unfortunately, I'm always at a loss of understanding: Is this "every other car" with respect to the line every time a car comes off or "every other car" from the history of the line as of the moment the statement was put into effect? If from history, this means 100% of cars off the line, and if from the line each car, then it self-refers every new car so it means 50% of cars off the line. Kind of a big difference. English is very unspecific at times.

Not sure if I follow, but the only logical meaning this has to me is:

If 1000 vehicles are produced this week, 500 are Xs.