TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Leaking Soft Top

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by dhrivnak, Mar 31, 2011.

1. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I found out there is a good leak on the passenger side with the soft top on in the rain. It is leaking at the front top of the window. In looking close it appears the drivers side window is about 1/4" higher than the passenger side. Is this a relatively easy adjustment? Being 400 miles from a service center makes it a challenge to get there. When it is raining hard it is a steady drip on any passenger which is embarassing.

Thanks to any help one can offer.

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Yeah, there is a window adjustment. Try this thread.

3. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

Thanks but no noticable difference

Thank you for the link to the posting. I suspected that was what the adjustment screws were for. I turned them 1 1/2 turs both clockwise and counter clockwise with no measurable difference in window height. I was nervous to take it farther so I guess I will wait for the service man to call.

4. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I don't think those screws actually increment the height. They are more likely loosened and then the window is adjusted by hand. Just my guess. Certainly talk with a technician!

5. Talkredius

Talkredius Member

maybe you checked this already but just to be sure :

one time I had a leaking problem too, but I just moved the window down and then up again, and then it fits.
    For an unknown reason the window had stopped to early while moving up before.
    Never happened again so far.

6. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I did find a gasket along the top of the windshield did not have some sealer like the drives side. I added soem sealer and it appears that may have fixed the leak. Thank you for the suggestions.