Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaking Tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I seem to have a small leak in in one of the tires. Every 3-4 days I need to top up to 45psi (19" wheels) since it drops to 42.
Does anyone know a reliable fixer/workshop that can apply a proper patch on the inside of the wheel (not just a plug) , and is experienced with fixing Teslas with the different raise points etc?
We live in Pokfulam, so something on the island would be ideal.
thanks!
P

have read a post from someone with slow leak who said the issue was a gap between tire and wheel, due to dirt. SC didnt pick up on it, a tire shop did. But I think this was in the US. Somehow I doubt a local shop would be able to determine if its a similar case. Need someone who speaks good english... Thanks for the advice, I'll do some internet research around Aberdeen area.

Hi,
I seem to have a small leak in in one of the tires. Every 3-4 days I need to top up to 45psi (19" wheels) since it drops to 42.
Does anyone know a reliable fixer/workshop that can apply a proper patch on the inside of the wheel (not just a plug) , and is experienced with fixing Teslas with the different raise points etc?
We live in Pokfulam, so something on the island would be ideal.
thanks!
P

Please also let me know if you find a proper tire shop in Hong Kong that will do an internal patch...like the rest of the world does...not just a plug.

It would also be nice to know if anyone knows of a proper wheel alignment and balancing centre in Hong Kong; some place that can do proper alignment, not just the "Hong Kong" style typically bad alignment job.

you can at least plug the tire first, the typical shop charges $50-$80 HKD, it's a 10 min job. take wheel off car, find puncture area, bit of filing and sanding, plug, wheel back on. it's no internal patching and all that fancy stuff, but general small leaks can do with a quick plug like this until you find proper tire service/ tire replacement.

dont know how you guys drive, but in my 14 years plugging has basically been enoungh to deal with my tire issues