TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Leaky front top seal

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by hrtchkr, Nov 21, 2013.

1. hrtchkr

hrtchkr Member

Does anybody know if the cable support in the front of the soft top is adjustable? Pardon my newbieness but I just bought a used 2.0 Sport a few days ago. Love the car -- it's just too much fun for words. However I can't get the front edge of the soft top to sit in the groove of the rubber seal. At highway speeds I can see daylight between the top of the windshield support and the headliner. I've removed and reinstalled the top several times and have even tried installing it without the stays underneath (thinking they were pushing the edge of the top away from the seal) but each time the front comes out of the rubber seal. It seems like there is either too much play in the wire cable that runs inside the seam along the front of the top or else the top is just too short from front to back. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Great forum by the way.

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Yes. There's a velcro flap at the front center of the soft top. Inside is a turnbuckle that you can use to tighten the wire. There's one at the back, too.

3. hrtchkr

hrtchkr Member

Thanks Doug. I'll give it a try.

4. hrtchkr

hrtchkr Member

Great advice Doug. Worked like a dream. Thanks for your help. (I would have responded earlier but I've been having too much fun driving my car).

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

No problem! Always wondered why that wasn't in the owner's manual...