Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease a Roadster until the Model S arrives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
got this email today:

leasing_may10_2.png

leasing_may10_3.png

Interested to see the details, though I still don't know if I can get over the size

I spoke with someone who said I could get a lease right away for something like 1800/month, but could get it as low as 1600/month. I'd have to pass. It's much too impractical as a daily driver to make it worth it.

My r8's payments are significantly less as well, and it makes a great daily driver.

Leasing for 2 years @ $1600/month is just about 3/4 cost of a Model S with the $7500 tax credit. Would be nice if the lease cost were deducted from Model S purchase price. :wink:

Or at least a substantial portion thereof -- like 50% ... which is the approximate ratio of Roadster to Model S cost.

got this email today:
... I still don't know if I can get over the size

My r8's payments are significantly less as well, and it makes a great daily driver.

It looks like the cargo volume in the R8 (3.5 cubic feet here ) is noticeably less than in the Roadster (6 cubic feet here ), but from pictures it looks like there is a little extra space behind the seats in the R8 (I assume that space wasn't counted by my reference above). My Roadster makes a great daily driver, although I expect the passenger space can easily be more of an issue (than the R8) with 2 people (I rarely have a passenger).

More importantly: R8, nice car!!!

Well I base that on the drive I took in one @ the NYC Model S unveiling. My arms were rubbing with the driver. Both myself and my girlfriend ate taller than 6 feet and felt pretty uncomfortable in it.

The R8 takes some getting used to the getting in and out part, but is extremely comfortable