Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease Assignment?

bpeterka

Sep 2, 2020
Denver
Hello,
does anyone have experience with the assignment of a lease. We love our 3 but we are going to the traveling a great deal the next year so we do need to assign our lease. Any help and/or experience would be great.

Prachatice

Jul 3, 2016
Boulder, Colorado
Hello,
does anyone have experience with the assignment of a lease. We love our 3 but we are going to the traveling a great deal the next year so we do need to assign our lease. Any help and/or experience would be great.
I assigned my 2016 90D using Leasetrader.com and it was pretty easy about 4 years ago. You can also try Swapalease.com. Ended up buying a P90D a few years later. Best of luck!

ThomasD

Nov 22, 2019
Breckenridge Co Ky
Check with your leasing company to make sure your name will be removed from the lease. Some financial companies won't remove your name from the lease if someone else takes it over. If that other person defaults you will be responsible for the loan

puregreddy

May 2, 2017
Orange County
That’s a good double check as ThomasD suggested to verify with your leasing company.

Unless their policies changed in the past 2 years, I know that US Bank and Tesla Finance both remove the original name from the lease and the new owner assumes all responsibility.

Don’t know what other banks Tesla uses nowadays......

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC