Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease brokers text message concern

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our M3 is being delivered tomorrow. Just got a text to confirm from the broker. The problem is it is telling us to inspect the car before signing for it because anything concerns inc damage after signing will not be accepted. We obviously intended to inspect the vehicle first.

Surely you will not spot absolutely everything on delivery day that may be wrong? I assume they mean obvious things like scratches and dents etc?

How long does the car transporter company allow you to inspect and do they have to wait until you sign for the delivery?

I recently noticed that the panel next to the drivers foot rest wasn't fitted correctly, while trying to fix it myself (which I was unable to do) I noticed a screw missing from the bottom of the dash.

I made a service request and within a few days a ranger came and fixed the panel, which he commented was harder to do than normal and fitted the screw.

This was after nearly 18 months of having the car, there was no charge for this.

I recently noticed that the panel next to the drivers foot rest wasn't fitted correctly, while trying to fix it myself (which I was unable to do) I noticed a screw missing from the bottom of the dash.

I made a service request and within a few days a ranger came and fixed the panel, which he commented was harder to do than normal and fitted the screw.

This was after nearly 18 months of having the car, there was no charge for this.
Sorry. Mines on a lease. Missed that word out.