Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease Car - EAP Trial?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this in the lease post but didn't get a response so will try a dedicated post.

1. Does anyone know if when Tesla does their EAP trials if lease cars get the trial or would I first need to speak to the broker for them to give permission to Tesla to activate it?
2. Is it possible to ask Tesla for a free trial outside of them sending it out as fleet wide thing?
3. Is it the same cost £3,400 to add it after purchase and for a lease car is that process of me asking the broker for permission and then Tesla bills me personally or does the broker bill me?

Hi there,
I am on a salary sacrifice M3 LR with Tusker (not sure if it will be too different from leasing), this is what they sent me not long ago:
(i did not ask anything, they just sent it):

Upgrade restrictions for your electric vehicle​

Hello

We hope you’re enjoying driving your Tesla Model 3.

We just wanted to highlight some restrictions regarding over the air upgrades that you may be offered to you via your car’s operating system.

While it’s perfectly OK to accept and install upgrades which are for infotainment purposes (GPS, Spotify, etc) and pay for any additional costs that they may come with, we are unfortunately not able to authorise the installation of any upgrades which affect the car’s performance. This is for insurance purposes.

If you are in any doubt over whether to install any upgrades, please email us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to advise you.

Best wishes,
Tusker

So i assume that EAP, FSD, Performance boosts are a no-no.

As far as i am aware if one wants to upgrade the car it has to be done via the lessor.

Hope it helps.
Jose

Hi there,
I am on a salary sacrifice M3 LR with Tusker (not sure if it will be too different from leasing), this is what they sent me not long ago:
(i did not ask anything, they just sent it):

Upgrade restrictions for your electric vehicle​

Hello

We hope you’re enjoying driving your Tesla Model 3.

We just wanted to highlight some restrictions regarding over the air upgrades that you may be offered to you via your car’s operating system.

While it’s perfectly OK to accept and install upgrades which are for infotainment purposes (GPS, Spotify, etc) and pay for any additional costs that they may come with, we are unfortunately not able to authorise the installation of any upgrades which affect the car’s performance. This is for insurance purposes.

If you are in any doubt over whether to install any upgrades, please email us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to advise you.

Best wishes,
Tusker

So i assume that EAP, FSD, Performance boosts are a no-no.

As far as i am aware if one wants to upgrade the car it has to be done via the lessor.

Hope it helps.
Jose
Are they paying your insurance for you as well as otherwise I'm not sure what that would have to do with it.

Thanks 😊 Just what I wanted to hear.
As per everything relating to owning a Tesla, I don't think it is that black and white. I lease (via Zen Auto) and didn't receive the EAP Trial (or the free Winter pack that was sent out winter 2020 to all owners). I think it may depend on the lease company you go with or some other random setting Tesla/Lease company has set you up.

Last edited:
Reactions: NewbieT
Hey all,

I have ordered a M3 through Tusker and waiting for delivery (hopefully march but realistically in May). I have a question on premium connectivity. Is this offered for free beyond the trial period and included within the monthly costs or do we pay this separately ?