Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease cars and Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure I've seen something on here, but I'm struggling to find it.

What's the story with leased cars and SuC? I Supercharged twice last week (more of an experiment than actual need), and the app showed what the cost would be. The thing is that I haven't added a credit card to my Tesla account. The car is a company car through a fleet operator.

How does the charge (no pun intended!) come to me? Or does it??

You will have to put a credit card on your account and it will get billed. If there's not one on there (like you said) I think they will email you and ask you to add a credit card.

My car is leased and the bills come off the account registered credit card.

Unless you have a referral credit on there of course...

Reactions: Zakalwe
Thanks guys.
I've remembered that I used a referral code when I placed the order. The fleet team included that on the order, so maybe that's accounting for it? There's no free miles listed in my loot box though?

Your loot box won't show anything on a lease car I'm afraid.

The only way to see your referral miles/credit is via your Tesla account and the Supercharger history, where your charges will be charged at zero. It will also show how much 'free stuff' you have left.

Not great, but Tesla and leasing is a bit of a mess for the driver...

• Informative
Reactions: Zakalwe and LukeUK
Your loot box won't show anything on a lease car I'm afraid.

The only way to see your referral miles/credit is via your Tesla account and the Supercharger history, where your charges will be charged at zero. It will also show how much 'free stuff' you have left.

Not great, but Tesla and leasing is a bit of a mess for the driver...

A-ha..the penny drops. Thank you!

i can see the charges in there and how many kWhs are left.

upload_2020-12-15_9-15-3.png

• Informative
Reactions: Bantam and LukeUK
It will allow you to charge at least once without a card registered (maybe even a few times that day) but once Tesla attempt to bill you, it will apparently block you until you add a card / settle the outstanding payment.
Just spoken to Tesla (people know this already), but for lease cars, you still need to add in a credit car in your Tesla account to use Supercharger, under "Account"