Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease COVERED in microscratches - fix before turning in or no?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've always been sure to use a microfiber wash mitt, however my 8 year old niece bless her soul decided to do something nice, but used ... a normal kitchen sponge ... to wash my car, and now it's completely covered in microscratches. It's most noticeable in the Sun (black M3) and doesn't particularly bother me but I'm wondering how to go about this. The car is a lease. Should I attempt to have it detailed before turning it in, or turn it in and see if I am charged for it? I am leaning towards the latter but would I be charged more by Tesla for it than if I had it taken care of beforehand?

(also, any ideas on how much it would cost? :-( it's basically the entire car)

I doubt they are going to notice "microscratches" because the car was washed with a sponge. As a matter of fact, I probably wouldnt wash it at all before turn in. They will probably only glance over the car for obvious damage.

If I were you, however, I would take pictures of the car with a cellphone from all angles on the day of lease turn in, so you can prove the state of the vehicle on lease turn in. There have been reports of people getting unexpected charges on model S lease turn in, after the fact, so I think it would be a good practice to have time / date stamped pictures of condition on turn in.