Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease early termination with zero due?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My question is - Does this mean exactly what it looks like? With Tesla things are not always what they seem. My next lease payment is scheduled for Feb 25th. My last lease payment would be June 25th.
It is what it looks like. I did mine yesterday and I got a quote of $290 + this month lease payment which I paid and now dropping it off soon. Mine is 2021 Model 3LR with 10k miles and it is one year old. I exceed to 16k miles, and I was not charged for it as well.

It is what it looks like. I did mine yesterday and I got a quote of $290 + this month lease payment which I paid and now dropping it off soon. Mine is 2021 Model 3LR with 10k miles and it is one year old. I exceed to 16k miles, and I was not charged for it as well.

Thank you. I have an inspection scheduled for the 15th and maybe I can get it all done and turned in before my next payment is due on the 25th.

My inspection was yesterday. My car is in great shape with low miles. Today I got an email from the inspector saying everything was fine and there would be no extra charges.

However now when I check the status on the Tesla site it states it will be $600 something to turn it in.

SAME EXACT SITUATION HERE!

Looks like they're trying to charge us for the upcoming month's car payment?

I tried calling Tesla Finance but was told to email Tesla Leasing. I have an email scheduled to send tomorrow morning.

Have you tried contacting them yet?

My phone call attempt also ended with being told to email [email protected] which I just did.

I'm asking about that extra lease payment amount that is requested and if it is refunded, or partially refunded, based on the actual return date.

Email them! I just got a response back saying as long as the car is returned before the billing date, I won't be billed for another month.

They should ask you for a date/time/location where you want to drop off.

I also disabled auto pay on my account just to be safe. Feel free to do so too.

Thanks for your info. I haven't had a response to my email yet.

Are you able to proceed past this without making a payment?

return.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone taken Tesla up on their $0 early lease termination? If so, how picky were they with the condition? I will be annoyed if they try to charge me for tires and the rim damage when the car is worth $8-10k more than my current residual.
i returned my 2019 model s in january 2022 (8 months early). when i submitted the request, i was told $0 would be due. upon inspection, i was advised to replace 2 of the tires (tread was less than 4/32 on rear tires) and to fix the rim rash to avoid being billed by tesla. the "excess wear and tear" fee was $974 [Rt and Lt Rear Tires, Tires measured under 4/32" $804, Wheel Curb Damage x2 - $170]. i purchased and installed the replacement tires. the new tires have to match EXACTLY including the speed rating of the original tires. you have to submit receipts with descriptions if you choose to fix the items. the intake inspector acknowledged my repairs. my account shows two different amounts due for my previously owned vehicle. i'm awaiting the "final" bill from tesla, which i expect around 6 weeks post vehicle return.

Just checking in, so it seems the $0 Due on the Quote is real. You walk away basically (not including any wear and tear fees).

Yes that seems to be the case. I received an email with an updated quote letter showing $0 due.

I just got a confirmation of my return scheduled for noon this Thursday. I will update with anything relevant once the return is done.

It does seem odd to me that the closest return location to San Diego is in Carlsbad. That is going to be a long walk home....

• Funny
Reactions: Snow Drift
The return process went smoothly. I was there about 30 mins total including waiting for my Lyft ride.

On my way home I received an email showing a $0 balance. The car is now removed from my app and is now shown under "Previously Owned Cars" in my online account dashboard.

It just now showed up in the used list for 61K. !!! It's in excellent shape and has low miles. I still kind of want to cancel my order and buy this one but it's simply not a good deal.

It looks like they added acceleration boost.

onteslausedlist61k.jpg