Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease mileage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about trying to put aside a regular "happy mileage" budget fund to cover the anticipated cost of going over the allotted mileage?
If you need it at crunch time it's there and if, after all, you don't it becomes a bonus for something else. :)

No it doesnt matter because by the time 4 years are up you might do less than expected in year 3. Say for if theres another lockdown. Also the leasing company try to pester you yearly on your current mileage. Guess what you dont need to tell them. Also what happens if you have a claim and its a write off? It will only end up getting paid off and job done no extra mileage fees

Reactions: mrsniffles
I got the max in my lease of 15k miles. I don’t drive much but I think I clock around 20k a year. 10k sounds like its for someone about 80 years old and doesn’t go out much.

• Funny
Reactions: mrsniffles
When i got the lease i thought 10k miles a year would be plenty.

But i love driving the Model3, i i find myself doing alot more driving so far.

Its a 4 year lease, should i be worried about going over the agreed amount?
I've been thinking the same thing recently. I've got a 15k per year lease plan but think it will be closer to 20k in reality. My lease company can amend the mileage but only in increments of 10k so I'm going to review after year 2 and then make any necessary amends to level up if required.

It’s always cheaper to change the terms on a lease than pay the mileage fees at the end. In my experience lease companies will do this unless in last 3 months
This is what I am thinking. Gone for 12k x 4 years. Will review after 1 year and if needed ask for an amendment to the lease. Not usually a problem but if it is ill manage it. If I needed an increase it would be to 15k max. If its a problem ill just manage it and accept a payment in the end. Wit a prior year I went over the mileage by about 1k over a 3 year time and didn't get charged at all.

I did my calcs and saw that I will end up with 20k miles (5k in 3 months already...). with 20k pa lease becomes too expensive...
In that case, cut down on the mileage. You've leased a car based on what you can afford, knowing how many miles you are allowed. If you like driving the car then that's brilliant, but stick to your allowance to avoid financially hurting yourself. This may sound harsh (apologies if so), but it's the reality.

In that case, cut down on the mileage. You've leased a car based on what you can afford, knowing how many miles you are allowed. If you like driving the car then that's brilliant, but stick to your allowance to avoid financially hurting yourself. This may sound harsh (apologies if so), but it's the reality.
i did my calcs before purchase... and bought a car with tesla loan :) but thanks for the insight ;)

I got the max in my lease of 15k miles. I don’t drive much but I think I clock around 20k a year. 10k sounds like its for someone about 80 years old and doesn’t go out much.

Average UK mileage used to be 12,000 miles ... nowadays it's 10,000 miles. Plenty do a lot more, or less but that's the average so not just the old folks! People with 2 cars probably have one that does a higher mileage than the other.