Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease option for Model 3? 35k Version ready in March?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dragonxt

Oct 26, 2016
Bay Area
Just got my invite to configure today, and there are a few new boxes....
File_001.png

As the senior tranche pays 2.3%, the finance charges must be higher than that to account for deal costs, servicing and credit losses. Of course equity and mezz tranches would pay higher %s.

Overall that looks like pretty low yields on the bonds. Guess prime auto leases must have low credit losses.

I do not believe the check boxes are related to each other. You have indicated that you are waiting until there is a 35K version, and separately you have indicated that you do not want a car before March. It in no way promised when the 35K version might be available. Likewise you indicated you don't want the car until there is a lease option, but that doesn't mean they will make one available any time soon.

This is just Tesla gathering information about what people are waiting for. It does not provide additional information to you.

It has to do with financial accounting and how it impacts quarterly earnings for the stock market. Also more cash buyers means more money to build new cars.

No, it has to do with the fact that that no bank is willing to take a risk on the resale value of the 3 yet, as well as the state of Tesla'a balance sheet. Tesla had the same problem with the S.

If they offered a buyback guarantee to a bank it would affect accounting, yes, but even then I'm not sure a bank would take them up on it given the volumes and low price of the 3. If the buyback guarantee triggered there is a high likelihood Tesla would be insolvent. Accounting is an excuse. Tesla needs cash. They don't care about recognizing GAAP revenue, because their investors are irrationally exuberant— and they've been willing to offer buybacks in the past.

Last edited: