Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received delivery of my leased MYP in September ‘21 and I still have no tags…. I moved from CA to AZ before I took delivery, and I did update Tesla of my new address in AZ. For CA and AZ, Tesla states they will handle the complete registration but they never registered my MYP in either state (see screenshots attached). I did setup mail forwarding with the USPS to my new address in AZ and never received any DMV/MVD packet until March ‘22. (For those who may be wondering) No, I can’t register the MYP without the title and I am not/will not be legally responsible to drive from AZ to Blyth, CA with expired tags to have a VIN verification completed.

I have an attorney who is currently handling the situation since April 5th, but it’s still a waiting game…. Let’s see how this goes!

Attachments

• 0AFD2A2D-E542-4083-AC6E-07BC66819800.png
    0AFD2A2D-E542-4083-AC6E-07BC66819800.png
    360.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 3FDDC891-E14E-4D0F-B9F2-1EBDAEBC446C.jpeg
    3FDDC891-E14E-4D0F-B9F2-1EBDAEBC446C.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 161
  • DCC021FB-704F-482A-8479-477D8D0B1D44.jpeg
    DCC021FB-704F-482A-8479-477D8D0B1D44.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 215
First question is; what would an attorney really bring to this situation? I'm sure Tesla's attorney's are scarier than yours.
Looks as if you took delivery in AZ, correct? Have you contacted the Arizona DMV to ask them if they received the packet from Tesla and how you should handle the situation? Maybe they will be able to help you register the vehicle in AZ?
I'm not sure how the AZ DMV system works, but I know when I moved a leased vehicle from HI to CA, it just required a letter from Acura giving power of attorney to allow me to register the car in CA. I then just went to the CA DMV, paid the registration fees, got CA license plates and was done.

First off you don't get a title for the leased vehicle, Tesla or the bank is the owner. Second you your temps are good for x amount of days. You should have been in contact with Tesla and be asking where your tags are. if you still have the customer advisors number or email, reach out to them. * months is a bit of time to have temp tags.

Reactions: rhinOC
I received delivery of my leased MYP in September ‘21 and I still have no tags…. I moved from CA to AZ before I took delivery, and I did update Tesla of my new address in AZ. For CA and AZ, Tesla states they will handle the complete registration but they never registered my MYP in either state (see screenshots attached). I did setup mail forwarding with the USPS to my new address in AZ and never received any DMV/MVD packet until March ‘22. (For those who may be wondering) No, I can’t register the MYP without the title and I am not/will not be legally responsible to drive from AZ to Blyth, CA with expired tags to have a VIN verification completed.

I have an attorney who is currently handling the situation since April 5th, but it’s still a waiting game…. Let’s see how this goes!
I leased a Tesla in Charlotte NC last year. I was a TN resident at the time. It took Tesla 3 months to register my car in TN. I had to call the Charlotte location for extension on my NC temp tags. Tesla Nashville was the responsible party. Now I'm an OH resident and need to transfer the title for tags here. The BMV title office said I must provide a fax # for Tesla leasing and they would require a power of attorney document from them. Five days now and no response via email. I just emailed the Columbus service center hoping they can help. I haven't had one positive customer experience with Tesla. There products are great but their ego makes them think no one will ever need to contact them. They are very much like apple. As Tesla drivers, we are walking marketing for them. I tell everyone how terrible Tesla is. They owe me $1000 for a tow bill covered under warranty. They aren't pushing back on having to pay it. They are just ignoring me. I'm going to contact an attorney.

Correct Addresses and Corporate Codes? I am having similar issues trying to re-register my leased Tesla in another state. I received all of my paperwork only to find when I went to the DMV that the Application for Certificate of Ownership has the incorrect address and corporate codes under the "Owner" and "Lienholder" fields. Does anyone know what these might be? (Tesla does not seem to and I have been getting the runaround for months!) Would you mind sharing them with me from your paperwork? I would REALLY appreciate it!!

Hi. I have been waiting for 5 months now and only need a notarized POA to complete registration. Do you have a California attorney? If so, could you provide contact details. I will search the lease documents but I think arbitration is required in California. There are tons of identical complaints and a 'class action' suit might be appropriate?

Hal
Raleigh NC

Attachments

• Tesla Complaint Summary.pdf
    782.1 KB · Views: 90
I have leased 2 Tesla's in the past with few problems, but I leased a third Model S in March of 2021 and drove it until August without a valid plate or registration. I left dozens of unanswered emails and voicemails with no success. I left many messages with real people, who said that Yazmin was the only one that could help and she basically lied and ignored me for months. For some reason my registration only got me through to May of this year (2022) and now I can't renew my tags because Tesla hasn't updated their U-Drive-it subscription in Kentucky. The phone number I used to call to at least talk to someone only sends me to a voicemail box that says will not take any more voicemails. The voicemail box says that email is the only way to communicate with them, but no one replies.

I'm still driving with expired tags. I've only been able to legally drive for less than half the time I've been making lease payments. Based on discussions last year, it was all because only one person named Yazmin handled all of the leasing registration issues for the entire country.

Has anyone else been able to get Yazmin or someone else to help?

Correct Addresses and Corporate Codes? I am having similar issues trying to re-register my leased Tesla in another state. I received all of my paperwork only to find when I went to the DMV that the Application for Certificate of Ownership has the incorrect address and corporate codes under the "Owner" and "Lienholder" fields. Does anyone know what these might be? (Tesla does not seem to and I have been getting the runaround for months!) Would you mind sharing them with me from your paperwork? I would REALLY appreciate it!!
Did you ever get the correct addresses and corporate codes? If so, can you please share? I am having the same issue.

I recently moved from New York to North Carolina in the middle of my model 3 lease. After 6 months I finally got my title from Tesla so I could transfer my registration. I went to the North Carolina DMV and they told me I am missing form Gross Receipt Declaration (MVR-608). Tesla is telling me I do not need this form is refusing to fill it out for me.

So now I am stuck unable to move my registration over to my new state. Tesla financing is no longer answering my emails about this situation, and calling the number just sends me to a voicemail which tells me to send an email. What are my options here?