TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Lease Return Experiences - wear/tear? (Tesla Finance)

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by deaddog, Jul 25, 2018.

1. deaddog

deaddog Member

I'd be interested in hearing about people's experience in returning leased cars to Tesla (not US Bank but Tesla Finance). I've seen the Excess Wear and Tear Chart but some manufacturers are far more lenient than their published standards, particularly if you are leasing another car from them.

I'm trying to figure out what to expect when I return my car later this year - its in very good shape but its got a few chips, curb rash etc.

I'll give you an example. My windshield has two very tiny (approx 2-3mm) chips on the lower passenger side - they are immediately adjacent to each other and together cover an area less than 1/4" in diameter. The Tesla Guide states: "One chip less than or equal to 1/4” in diameter, not in the drivers line of sight" is acceptable. I don't literally meet this standard because I have two chips but since they, together, are less than 1/4", I would hope Tesla would not charge me. Do you think they will?

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

No they will not

3. deaddog

deaddog Member

Thanks - is that based on experience or simply that you think they will use common-sense/be good guys?

4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Based on experience