Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease Return Experiences - wear/tear? (Tesla Finance)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd be interested in hearing about people's experience in returning leased cars to Tesla (not US Bank but Tesla Finance). I've seen the Excess Wear and Tear Chart but some manufacturers are far more lenient than their published standards, particularly if you are leasing another car from them.

I'm trying to figure out what to expect when I return my car later this year - its in very good shape but its got a few chips, curb rash etc.

I'll give you an example. My windshield has two very tiny (approx 2-3mm) chips on the lower passenger side - they are immediately adjacent to each other and together cover an area less than 1/4" in diameter. The Tesla Guide states: "One chip less than or equal to 1/4” in diameter, not in the drivers line of sight" is acceptable. I don't literally meet this standard because I have two chips but since they, together, are less than 1/4", I would hope Tesla would not charge me. Do you think they will?