Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease Takeover: 2015 Model S P90D w/ Ludicrous and Fully Loaded

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love this car and don't really want to say goodbye but I think it's the right thing to do.

Fully loaded 2015 Model S P90D with Ludicrous mode. Monthly payment is $569 + tax (about $50 in CA) but I'm also asking for a payment of $9000. 18 months left on the lease which ends 10/1/2018. 12k miles remaining on lease. 28k total miles on the car, mostly used by Tesla before I got it. MSRP for this car is over $130k. Residual/payoff amount at end of lease is $84,912.

Factoring in the $9k I'm asking for your cost over 18 months would be ($9k / 18) + $569 = $1,069/month. That's a great deal for this car. I don't think you'll find a better deal and if you do let me know and I'll see what I can do to match or beat it.

Dual Motor All Wheel Drive
Ludicrous Mode
All Glass Pano Roof
21" Grey Turbine Wheels
Grey Next Generation Seats
Carbon Fiber Decor
Black Headliner
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Tesla Red Break Calipers
Unlimited Free Supercharging
Tech Package with Autopilot (HW1)
Smart Air Suspension
Premium Interior Package
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Subzero Weather Package

00F0F_6hvaemCaJ0q_600x450.jpg

00j0j_3rgxDxxTsAd_600x450.jpg

Reactions: deonb
Like the low payment of course but between 18 months @1069 and the end of lease payoff it comes to over 104K... Considering you can get a P85D in the high 80s.. it doesn't seem like that great of a deal for me anyway... GLWS

I agree, but as a short-term option, it's not bad. You finish the lease off, and then in 18 months, you decide you either really like the car and want to pay the $84k, or you look at similarly spec'd CPO's that should be priced less than $84k.

I agree that while that may be a great payment for that P90Dl. The high miles you have on it really hurt the value. And the fact that you only have 12000 miles left on an 18 month lease.

Which I guess really don't doesn't matter if you end up buying it out at the end. But what you're essentially asking for is 104000 for a car that's worth probably in the ballpark of 90 thousand private party. With 28,000 miles on it of course.

I too am interested in it but at a much lower down payment. As I would be shipping it or driving it close to 1500 miles to where I live

Reactions: davidc18
Like the low payment of course but between 18 months @1069 and the end of lease payoff it comes to over 104K... Considering you can get a P85D in the high 80s.. it doesn't seem like that great of a deal for me anyway... GLWS

I agree, this car isn't the best deal if you plan to purchase it. From my experience lease to buy is never as good a deal as just buying.

But if you want a lease this is a great deal in my opinion.

A couple of people have mentioned the low mileage. That's correct, not a lot of miles left on the lease term. About 12k miles over 18 months. This has been discussed in other places in this forum but Tesla leases are really weird in that getting 10k miles/year and paying .25cents/mile for another 2k or 5k miles is actually cheaper than going for the 12k or 15k miles/year option. So I went for the lower mileage expecting to pay for overage.

For anyone interested in this car think about how many miles you'll drive it and factor that into your cost.

Even with that cost I'd bet this is better than any other lease deal (as long as you don't have some absurd mileage estimate). For example, for 1k miles/month that's an extra 333 miles * .25cents = $83.25 / month. So all in it's about $1152 / month. Like I said, if you find a better lease deal I'd be willing to at least match if not beat it.

I agree that while that may be a great payment for that P90Dl. The high miles you have on it really hurt the value. And the fact that you only have 12000 miles left on an 18 month lease.

Which I guess really don't doesn't matter if you end up buying it out at the end. But what you're essentially asking for is 104000 for a car that's worth probably in the ballpark of 90 thousand private party. With 28,000 miles on it of course.

I too am interested in it but at a much lower down payment. As I would be shipping it or driving it close to 1500 miles to where I live

Well, I'm not really asking 104k :) This is a lease so you have to look at the monthly payment. This isn't the best deal if you want to purchase at the end... but what lease deal is.

Shipping cost would definitely throw things off a bit. Not sure how much shipping is but it does make this a less attractive offer.

I see how your miles/month makes sense for someone who won't put a ton of miles on the car. I average about 1200 miles a month on my current car but I'd be worried in the new (to me) car that number would go up for the first few months, plus the trip back to Texas LOL!

I live in Texas and I was interested in this car however after research I discovered that not only would i pay tax on the monthly (which is understandable ) but also tax upfront on the residual. That adds $6000 (over 18 months) to the monthly payment for a Texas resident giving a monthly payment extrapolated of $1400 which clearly wouldnt work .

I think the spec on the car is first rate and the tax issue of course is not the sellers fault in any way at all.

Reactions: go_tesslaaa