Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease Takeover - 2020 Model Y - Bay Area, CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LEASE TAKEOVER OPPORTUNITY!

• 2020 Model Y, Black, Black Wheels, FSD and Auto Pilot
  • 6312 Miles
  • Lease is 10k a year with 28 months left on the lease (Expires December 2023)
  • Payments with FSD and Autopilot ~$738/month
  • Located in Menlo Park, CA
  • Small small knick in the paint on the front passenger door (in photos)
  • Small chip on the back right wheel (in photos)
Message me if you're interested!

close.garrett at g mail dot com
IMG_9926.jpeg
IMG_9927.jpegIMG_9932.jpegIMG_9931.jpegIMG_9930.jpegIMG_9937.jpegIMG_9938.jpegIMG_9939.jpegIMG_9936.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9937.jpeg
    IMG_9937.jpeg
    561.9 KB · Views: 155
LEASE TAKEOVER OPPORTUNITY!

• 2020 Model Y, Black, Black Wheels, FSD and Auto Pilot
  • 6312 Miles
  • Lease is 10k a year with 28 months left on the lease (Expires December 2023)
  • Payments with FSD and Autopilot ~$738/month
  • Located in Menlo Park, CA
  • Small small knick in the paint on the front passenger door (in photos)
  • Small chip on the back right wheel (in photos)
Message me if you're interested!

close.garrett at g mail dot comView attachment 694560View attachment 694561View attachment 694564View attachment 694572View attachment 694573View attachment 694574View attachment 694575View attachment 694576View attachment 694577
Hello, I wanted to reach out to see how your lease transfer go. I have a leased model Y that I’m looking into transferring my lease. Please share with me your experience. Thank you.

Hello, I wanted to reach out to see how your lease transfer go. I have a leased model Y that I’m looking into transferring my lease. Please share with me your experience. Thank you.
Posted this to FB Marketplace and woke up to about 150 requests just overnight.

Couple of things I learned from this process:
  1. Make sure people understand 99.9% of these leases (3&Y) cannot be purchased at the end of the lease terms
  2. Demand is so strong for these right now, negotiate a payment up front to cover the cost of the downpayment you put down when leasing the car (I was able to negotiate 3k)
  3. Once you have identified the individual to takeover your lease, login to your Tesla portal online and submit their info ASAP to get their credit approval, etc.
  4. The longest part of the process is the CA DMV, which took almost 5-6 weeks to mail the title of the vehicle to Tesla Finance to process the transfer.
  5. Once they had the title, it took a couple days for the lease transfer documentation to be signed and completed.

Best of luck!

Posted this to FB Marketplace and woke up to about 150 requests just overnight.

Couple of things I learned from this process:
  1. Make sure people understand 99.9% of these leases (3&Y) cannot be purchased at the end of the lease terms
  2. Demand is so strong for these right now, negotiate a payment up front to cover the cost of the downpayment you put down when leasing the car (I was able to negotiate 3k)
  3. Once you have identified the individual to takeover your lease, login to your Tesla portal online and submit their info ASAP to get their credit approval, etc.
  4. The longest part of the process is the CA DMV, which took almost 5-6 weeks to mail the title of the vehicle to Tesla Finance to process the transfer.
  5. Once they had the title, it took a couple days for the lease transfer documentation to be signed and completed.

Best of luck!
Thank you so much!!!! These tips are very helpful. How much did you put down as your down payment? Did you loose any money (besides the monthly lease fee) after the transfer? Are there any other fees for a lease transfer? Sorry for all these questions. :)

It was the standard I believe 5k to be able to get the lease at the time?? All other fees upon transfer are paid by the new person taking over the lease (dmv, transfer fees, etc.). The lease transfer process can take 5-8 weeks so take into account your lease payment date because you will get charged by Tesla even with the transfer in process. They won’t process the transfer with any outstanding bills.