Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease Trade-In Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or just do carvana. That service is crazy convenient they literally show up take the car and hand you a check. That was my preference but the system couldn’t figure out how to value a model s for whatever reason, and no one would return outreach. I have used it for other cars - fantastic.
Carvana is great. We sold them my wife's 7 year old minivan with 70,000 miles on it for $19,000. That was $4,500 more than the dealer offered on trade-in. They made it super easy too. Won't work with a Tesla lease though. If you own it outright it will, but not if you leased it from Tesla (vs a third party finance company).

You can still buy out the lease, then sell it to a third party. More moving parts but ultimately I believe you can get to the same end result.
I don't believe you can do that if your lease didn't have an end of lease buyout option like all the Model 3s from the past few years. I was trying to trade in a leased Model 3 on my new Model S Plaid. Tesla's trade-in offer was crap, so I held out to go to a third party dealer but that was a mistake. Tesla has screwed so many of them over they won't de business with Tesla Finance any longer.