Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease transfer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious, does anyone here actually know of anyone who successfully transferred their lease to someone else? Looking to possibly get out of my existing Model X lease, although I doubt I'll find someone to take it, but assuming that I did is it actually even possible? I've seen threads over the years about it but I don't recall ever seeing one that included actually being successful at it...

Thanks,
Jeff

We got our first Tesla, Model S via swapalease.com The owner had several offers for his car, so lease swap sites will be your best bet.
Tesla was very helpful in the process, took care of most of the paperwork and it went without a hitch. There is a lease assumption fee which, in our case, the owner paid. Depending on your remaining miles and monthly rate, you might have to incentivize the assumption but you'll get an idea when you check other lease swap offers. Hope that helps.

Reactions: jeffro01
Just curious, does anyone here actually know of anyone who successfully transferred their lease to someone else? Looking to possibly get out of my existing Model X lease, although I doubt I'll find someone to take it, but assuming that I did is it actually even possible? I've seen threads over the years about it but I don't recall ever seeing one that included actually being successful at it...

Thanks,
Jeff
I have personally done it. Was a very easy process. Can’t say the same of my experience with GM Financial when transferring my Volt lease.

Reactions: jeffro01