Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lease Turn In Options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I have a lease on a Standard range Model Y and as all their leases for the Y were, you cannot buy it out at the end of the lease. What I was told is the car must be turned in for a likely use in the future "Robo-Taxi" fleet when unmonitored full self driving is up and working.
FSD is at a minimum a few years away and my car has characteristics which likely does not make it a candidate for a Robo-Taxi - Range is the smallest of all the Tesla's (244 miles new and now max in the very low 220's) and is a single motor which limits where the car can be utilized in the winter.

Has anyone experienced a situation where Tesla offers to sell the car to the leaseholder at the end of the lease even though the lease was a no-buyout contract?

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
So I have a lease on a Standard range Model Y and as all their leases for the Y were, you cannot buy it out at the end of the lease. What I was told is the car must be turned in for a likely use in the future "Robo-Taxi" fleet when unmonitored full self driving is up and working.
FSD is at a minimum a few years away and my car has characteristics which likely does not make it a candidate for a Robo-Taxi - Range is the smallest of all the Tesla's (244 miles new and now max in the very low 220's) and is a single motor which limits where the car can be utilized in the winter.

Has anyone experienced a situation where Tesla offers to sell the car to the leaseholder at the end of the lease even though the lease was a no-buyout contract?
Not that I have heard of. Given current market conditions it is very unlikely Tesla will change this policy anytime soon.

Reactions: davenlei