Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leased M3 - should it show in my Tesla account?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

My M3 SR+ arrived yesterday and I have full access via the App etc.

However when I log into my Tesla Account, it doesn't show the car, rather it just shows a Model S and a Model X for some reason...?

The car is leased through Lex.

I have the same issue,

hiwever I’ve entered my payment card details and tried out using a supercharger yesterday. All worked perfectly and the invoice is now visible on the account, it shows both my name and the lease company on the invoice.

It took nearly a week after receivng it for the car to be 'transferred' to the account I created. If you scroll down the bottom, past the powerwall bit, you should see some new bits about referral. I suspect that when leasing, the car is not transferred in terms of ownership, but our accounts are added as secondaries.

It took nearly a week after receivng it for the car to be 'transferred' to the account I created. If you scroll down the bottom, past the powerwall bit, you should see some new bits about referral. I suspect that when leasing, the car is not transferred in terms of ownership, but our accounts are added as secondaries.

I get the referral option, and did before I got the car, but no record of the referral I had so I do not think that necessarily means the account has been transferred into my account.

I get the referral option, and did before I got the car, but no record of the referral I had so I do not think that necessarily means the account has been transferred into my account.

Yeah transferring ownership of the car involves V5c etc. Obviously, as leasers, we do not own the vehicle which prompts me to believe Tesla just set our accounts as secondaries on the car owner's account.

Last edited:
When I contacted Lex about this, they just told me this was correct and is the way it is because it's leased through them. I also emailed Tesla about it but never got a reply. Hasn't caused any problems for me though so far although, I never did receive my referral 1000 miles.

When I contacted Lex about this, they just told me this was correct and is the way it is because it's leased through them. I also emailed Tesla about it but never got a reply. Hasn't caused any problems for me though so far although, I never did receive my referral 1000 miles.

Yeah, I suspect I will be in be same boat, at least the person who referred me got their miles, it seems Lex Autolease are pocketing the referral miles for the people leasing through them, or just as likely just losing them...

I wonder if you will be able to use a Supercharger, because you need to have a Tesla account with a credit card assigned.

I wonder if you will be able to use a Supercharger, because you need to have a Tesla account with a credit card assigned.

It is more subtle than that, I used a supercharger last Saturday as an experiment without a problem, but that is because I added a credit card to my account (with no car showing) and it charged fine...but also charged my credit card fine as well.

Like others have said earlier I think there is a concept of a "secondary" owner that allows this to happen, but it is unclear if this secondary can receive referrals or not, or come to that if the secondary even exists at the point of order to be referred to.

I have since removed my credit card from the account until the referral is sorted.

Reactions: Watts_Up
It is more subtle than that, I used a supercharger last Saturday as an experiment without a problem, but that is because I added a credit card to my account (with no car showing) and it charged fine...but also charged my credit card fine as well.

Like others have said earlier I think there is a concept of a "secondary" owner that allows this to happen, but it is unclear if this secondary can receive referrals or not, or come to that if the secondary even exists at the point of order to be referred to.

I have since removed my credit card from the account until the referral is sorted.

I've used a Super Charger 3 times since getting the car, over the course of about days. No card assigned to my account, but NHS FS assures me that Tesla will bill me. We shall see...

My referral link was applied, and I know it was, as the person whose link I used received the miles in their account. I see no reference anywhere to my free miles, but I can only assume that they're there and being used.

Reactions: Watts_Up
LeasePlan here and car does not show up in account. And I’ve gone around in circles trying to get the 1,000 supercharger miles.

The person who referred me got theirs. Tesla tell me I’ve also been credited (have not). Tesla keep pointing me at LeasePlan. LeasePlan point me at Tesla. For the sake of ~£100 I’ve all but given up

LeasePlan here and car does not show up in account. And I’ve gone around in circles trying to get the 1,000 supercharger miles.

The person who referred me got theirs. Tesla tell me I’ve also been credited (have not). Tesla keep pointing me at LeasePlan. LeasePlan point me at Tesla. For the sake of ~£100 I’ve all but given up

I have a broker between me and Lex who are trying to sort out the same thing, at the moment they have not succeeded.

Yesterday Tesla told them that they had sorted it and I just needed to reset my password on the account, as suspected (by the broker and me) it made no difference. Lets see. Tomorrow I am going to try using a supercharger now I have removed my credit card from my account and see what happens.

I suspect it will work, but not clear if that will be my referral miles or if I just get a bill from the lease company when I hand the car back in 4 years...

Reactions: JohnA16 and Grant_7
I have a broker between me and Lex who are trying to sort out the same thing, at the moment they have not succeeded.

Yesterday Tesla told them that they had sorted it and I just needed to reset my password on the account, as suspected (by the broker and me) it made no difference. Lets see. Tomorrow I am going to try using a supercharger now I have removed my credit card from my account and see what happens.

I suspect it will work, but not clear if that will be my referral miles or if I just get a bill from the lease company when I hand the car back in 4 years...
Keep me posted :)