Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leaseplan - Unfair Charges for Excess Wear and Tear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I handed my M3 back to Leaseplan they did (as expected) a fairly lengthy inspection of the final condition of the vehicle.

A few days later I got an invoice for excess wear and tear charges, much higher than I was expecting and which I didn’t think were reasonable.

I complained to Leaseplan and they reduced the final invoice by £195 because “having reviewed the inspection report and supporting images I found that some of the evidence doesn’t wholly support the claim”.

I’m annoyed that Leaseplan tried to impose some unfair excess wear and tear charges. I wonder if it’s a genuine mistake on their part or a way of trying to apply extra lease charges.

So if you are handing back your lease car and think you are being overcharged for excess wear and tear, I suggest you immediately complain to the lease company.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Did they charge the amounts in the BVRLA guide? I did wonder when reading that if companies adhere to those numbers.

I have two kerbed rims and a car park door dent to look forward to - wondering what the total might be.

Which bits did you get accepted as fair wear and tear?