Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leasing deposit returned?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Painful!... After a phone call to Tesla they say they do not owe me any money?

I paid the Reservation & Deposit (£3k - i have the invoice's and emails for this). I then decided to lease and went with Octopus EV (S G Fleet) who i then paid a further deposit with of a similar amount and i have signed a contract with.

I have an Tesla Invoice with SG Fleet details on where they paid £3k into my RN account and i also have mine with my details on. I also have 2 credit notes, one with my details and one with theirs. I also have the final invoice showing the full amount of the car.

Tesla said i should raise it with SG Fleet as they paid the outstanding balance? (Yes i have contacted SG Fleet but they seem very confused to this and will contact me Monday). See what they say.

I have been chasing Tesla for over 2 months with hardly no response. One email did ask for my bank details, but after this nothing. The lady on the phone from Tesla told me this today. I said "and in the last 2 months you decided not to contact me in any way to tell me this after my many emails?"

Either way im owed £3K

Should Tesla pay me the 3k and chase SG Fleet "if" this is outstanding? OR get SG fleet to pay me and they go after Tesla if they realise they have over paid?

Just seems odd that everyone else gets it back going the same lease route as me, but a different outcome for me :/

This is incredibly frustrating and very worrying. I have had several verbal agreements with Tesla that the money is refunded back to the customer. I really hope this situation gets resolved for us soon. Have you had any more luck with resolver? I had a generic automated response from Tesla to check there website!

This is incredibly frustrating and very worrying. I have had several verbal agreements with Tesla that the money is refunded back to the customer. I really hope this situation gets resolved for us soon. Have you had any more luck with resolver? I had a generic automated response from Tesla to check there website!
They have it on record so they do know about it (resolver email).

Tesla have said they are in discussions with SG fleet as it looks like they did not pay the £3k I had put down and only paid the remainder even tho I have an invoice showing SG did? Seems odd.

Will get an update from both Tesla and SG fleet on Monday.

At the moment I own nearly 8% of the car I lease!

Hi, has anyone that has leased their M3 had their £3000 deposit back from Tesla yet?

I am leasing through leaseplan and have played the initial deposit and two lots of monthly repayments but have yet to receive the money I put down to Tesla for the reservation.

Tesla have assured me I will get the deposit back, but no time frame! Is anyone else still waiting or had their money back?

I’m a bit skint!
I was in your exact situation back in July and can confirm I got the money back from Tesla, directly back to the card I placed the deposit down with. Once LeasePlan have 'bought' the car, there should be an over payment visible against your order (the deposit) which should be returned.

Don't expect it until LeasePlan have paid for the car, but it should definitely be returned.

I was in your exact situation back in July and can confirm I got the money back from Tesla, directly back to the card I placed the deposit down with. Once LeasePlan have 'bought' the car, there should be an over payment visible against your order (the deposit) which should be returned.

Don't expect it until LeasePlan have paid for the car, but it should definitely be returned.

I’m glad to hear you got your money back. I have had confirmation that Tesla had the money from leaseplan on 15th August. So there is no reason for the refund to be taking this long.

Small update regards refund for Deposits/Reservation fees if leasing

Spoke to a very helpful person at SG Fleet and they have said that Tesla have caused a few problems. Incorrect Invoices were sent to these lease companies and then Tesla not responding to emails etc regards these mistakes (Typical tesla communication).

SG fleet have (and im sure other lease companies have also) chased these corrected invoices to pay which in turn will cause the over payment to Tesla who will then refund you this difference. SG Fleet have said that it is being sorted, but it is taking its time and will be sorted as soon as!