Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leasing mileage adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Fraank

Jul 21, 2019
UK
I've been leasing for 6 months now, through Frontier vehicle leasing (brilliant service), and fulfilled by Leaseplan.

Just had an amazing turn of events with adjusting my mileage, so wanted to share in the hope someone else on Leaseplan (maybe others) can benefit also.

I took my lease out at 9k annual miles which was fine for me at the time. Turns out my requirements have changed AND I love driving the car everywhere, and why not when it's not leaving a trail of noxious gas?

So, I've done, erm... 8k miles in 6 months.

Leaseplan let you adjust mileage after 6 months, and I figured I'd have to pay a small arm or leg, but at least avoid the rather hefty mileage rates at end of lease.

Turns out I was able to increase to 18k annual (so double my original quote) for...

...2p a month. :D

They double checked and it's not a glitch, but I certainly can't quite figure it out!

Good news :)

Sounds like you were paying over the odds originally and they have now moved you onto the current plan. Good job you asked.

Would be interesting to see what the current rate for your old mileage limit would be now.

let your insurance company know too. The lord giveth and the lord taketh away ;)

2p a mile?
2p a month - i.e. no real change in price.
Good news :)

Sounds like you were paying over the odds originally and they have now moved you onto the current plan. Good job you asked.

Would be interesting to see what the current rate for your old mileage limit would be now.

let your insurance company know too. The lord giveth and the lord taketh away ;)
Hmm, not sure? I had a pretty good deal at the time, £443 +VAT (23+6) for LR AWD and metallic. Definitely seems a good price for 18k a year!

• Helpful
Reactions: drmarkreid
I wonder if the extra mileage is partially offset by the reduction in luxury car tax? I sent a web inquiry to Leaseplan following the budget to see if the change would impact my monthly lease - nothing back. I hope it will since it's a taxation change.

Reactions: ringi